Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 08:20 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

My mom and I never really had a great relationship. Mom and I argue a lot. Comes down to her mostly blaming me for her life, for her smoking, and drinking so forth.

I lived on my own for about 3 year's. However, loss my job May 2025 and moved back home. I am greatly appreciative my mom took me back. It was some ups and downs financially, couldn't pay the rent one month. Rent is nothing like when I use to live at home. Was able to give my mom every other week $220-$240 a week. Now it's $120 every other week now $140. I pay for most of my bills except my cell phone. I paid for it on my own was $80 a month, but my mom was come under my family plan it's cheaper. It's $20 a month now. My mom complains I don't pay her much for the bill and is complaining about what I contribute financially to the house.

Right now making less than I did last year. Last year was making $42,000 at my previous job working full time. Now working part time, can't find a second job and been picking up extra hour's but outside of summer not many hour's work can give me. Right now making $20,000 a year. I put in a transfer, but only been with the company four months see what happens.

Anyways mom continues to chastise me how I am a loser living at home and your 30 can't take care of you self with no career.

Any insight feedback?

Be much appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 08:23 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Are you asking if your living situation is "bad?" Yes, it is. What is your plan for the future? It doesn't sound like you have a career with much earning potential. Have you considered going back to school? Your mom might lay off a little if you do something to improve your situation.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:41 AM

My current job requires a bachelor degree. I really don't want to leave the hospital working at, it offers decent benefits. Thinking of going back to school for nursing. Trying to figure how since only get $2500 tuition reimbursement from work for a year. Don't want to use financial aid till on school hoping to pay out of pocket. If which seems unlikely the transfer goes through can make a bit more money and have time to go to school. Don't really feel have the weight yet at work to ask to personalize my schedule, working variable rotating shifts.

My family doesn't like me working as a counselor or in the city working in. Still haven't gotten over me leaving a job closer to where they live and uncle works for a job that pays higher per hour. Also giving up full time work as well. That was a whole controversy because knowing they be upset over it couldn't tell them I left. Then my mom did some snooping, which led to her finding out then a month of arguments was a nightmare.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:57 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
Yes, living with YOUR particular mother is bad. For you. You've told us about her several times, and it never changes. The sooner you move out, the better your life will be.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:01 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
You need to get a full time job and move out.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:05 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You need to get a full time job and move out.
Sound advice.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:13 AM

If I could get full time yes unfortunately been a bit of a thorn in my side. I worked 3 full time job's over the last year making equivalent to what I am making now yearly part time with current job. Been with the company four month's summer has been great been able to average 32-40 hour's a week. However, come fall as was in the spring probably not many available shifts. I did put a transfer in a few week's ago, but as week's go by loosing hope anything will come out of it.

Tried picking up a second job, but no bites on my application. I have subbing to fall back on in the fall/spring for extra cash though.

Bit stuck I guess. Fiancé and I plan to get married end of next year. She finishes nursing school in February. So we're planning to live with her mom for 4 to 6 month's till fiancé can find work as a nurse. Hopefully I'll be full time by then that will increase monthly salary to somewhere between $4,000-$5,000 enough to find a decent rent and a place to live on our own.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:46 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Health care is a great field to work in. Best wishes on your marriage and happiness and career success. Two can live cheaper so your paycheck will go farther, there will be job opportunities for you whereever your RN wife ends up. As you continue to add skills and work experience in healthcare you will have more openings available to you.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:30 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
My first apartment was in the lousy part of town, a real roach trap and a pretty high crime area, but it was my own place and one I could afford on my own without roommates. I lived there two years before I could afford a better place. I would never have even considered living with my parents and I don't understand grown people who do.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:23 AM

I rather come out alive ha. Most of the cheap rent is in section 8 heroin/high drug high crime area infested with bed bugs. There is a real nice 3 bedroom hardwood floor all utility paid rent for $500 house right near by where I work. However, the area has had 8 murders in the past 4 month's at least 4 shootings a week.

I thinking of living in my car at the Walmart. Figure can apply for food stamps. Spend $40 a month at the YMCA shower there. Wash my clothes at my fiancé parents house. $50 a week on Subway maybe less be my lunch and dinner. Skip breakfast.

During the summer cam hide out live in the wood's find a,place with charging stations like the mall for ny cell phone.

Have enough books to keep me entertained.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-19-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships