Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Not paying back money they owe.........even if I was not the lender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Abuse. And that covers a wide range of unacceptable behaviors.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:51 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
$1,000,000!

Old 08-30-2015, 11:21 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Irrational behavior. I was raised by a bi-polar mother, so I tend to avoid highly moody people like the plague. One sudden unacceptable blast and I'd be done.

Flakiness.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:38 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
Lying about anything? You wouldn't have any friends left. Lies about what?
This one woman I used to be friends with lied about everything under the sun, and they were ridiculous lies.

As an example, both DH and she and I know the same guy who lives on the reserve next to our town. He's a well-known businessman there, and his name is very common on that reserve.

She lied not only about knowing him, but she tried to tell us that he was stepping out on his wife, which both DH and I knew was utter malarkey.

We called her on the lies she was spewing about him, and then she began to lie about, of all things, the spelling of his name.

As I said, his name is common on that reserve. Many signs there have his surname spelled out, including the sign in front of his own business. She wouldn't listen. She just kept on and on and on about it. It was utterly ridiculous.

DH and I don't have time for that.

Oh, and the father of her child (and I feel sorry for her little girl) is always in and out of jail like a fiddler's elbow. I cut off all ties with this woman after a FB post she left on my page. "****" in jail again, I have no cell phone, no money for food, no way to con---".

That was it! I'd had it.

Once her boyfriend was thrown into jail yet again a year or two ago, always the provincial jail system, by the way, but he should be graduating to the pen sometime soon. She tried to tell me and DH that a pilot she'd been seeing (!) and he got into a terrible fight. I was gobsmacked. My jaw hit the ground, and you ought to have seen DH's kisser.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Even her boyfriend used to shake his head at some of the stretchers that come out of her maw when he was around. No wonder he drinks so much, takes crack and beats other what he perceives as being alpha males as being, having to listen to that bag of bull when he's not incarcerated. The woman has drummed it into his head that all sorts of men are chasing her when he isn't around, and like a sap, he believes it.

Not that the boyfriend's any much better. He once got drunk on rum, smoked crack, took four or five Lyrica pills and asked me if I had any rubbing alcohol in the house. He claimed that he needed it to disinfected a wound he had. You know, I didn't care. I went and got the rubbing alcohol. Do you know what he did? He took the bottle, uncapped it, tilted his head back and poured it directly into his eyes! He then proceeded to whirl around like a dervish on our driveway and howl like a castrated cat due to the pain. DH and I couldn't believe it.

Oh, and another thing he did. He was drunk and high on his crack and decided to sail through the back window of the girlfriend's SUV while their daughter was strapped in a car seat in the rear seat. Nice, eh? Flying glass went everywhere. Of course, she lied about that, too. Anything could have happened to her daughter, thankfully it didn't, but what if a shard of glass had lodged itself into one of her eyes?

Anyway, back goes the boyfriend to Bordeaux Beach again. She told me, "Nothing happened to my daughter when he broke my rear window, but I'm going to contact the prison and leave a message that my daughter is undergoing emergency surgery." And she did it, too.

Note: Some Montrealers refer to Bordeaux as being Bordeaux Beach due to its proximity to Riviere des Prairies.

I imagine that lies like that are enough?

I have lots more stories, but not enough room. He hit a cop who was chasing him. DH saw the way the cop he hit 'handled' him when he put him in the cop car! So did all the oldsters who were playing pétanque nearby.

He got into a fight with some guys around the corner and caused so much trouble for us. Unbelievable.

Last edited by daynet; 08-30-2015 at 12:04 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 12:32 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Things that go against my moral code.

I can handle people doing or making mistakes, as long as they learn from them and they have a good heart at their core.

Like this Jared from Subway situation. If I found out that a person I knew was into really young girls like him, they'd be gone from my life.

Things of that nature are complete deal breakers for me.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:01 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Things that go against my moral code.

I can handle people doing or making mistakes, as long as they learn from them and they have a good heart at their core.

Like this Jared from Subway situation. If I found out that a person I knew was into really young girls like him, they'd be gone from my life.

Things of that nature are complete deal breakers for me.
I call this the betrayal of trust. Who would have ever thought Jared was a child predator while pushing for a healthy diet?
Same thing like Bill Cosby. Of course these people aren't personal friends but you get the idea.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 PM

232 posts, read 251,216 times
People that betray my confidence. I have no tolerance for gossips that think it's okay to spread something very personal that I told them in confidence around to people I don't care about or even know. That pretty much rules out a lot of women. Oh well :-)

Old 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,260,330 times
Sarcasm

Old 08-30-2015, 03:25 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I will tell you what I have dumped friends for:

Being flaky about punctuality
Being flaky about showing up
Using drugs
Giving away a dog bc they got new hardwood floors
Drinking and driving as a habit
Lying as a habit
Stealing/cheating as a habit
Having a bad temper
Inability to keep a confidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships