Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 02:11 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
The fact that you give about 10 different excuses ranging from not having anything to wear to your child not being able to travel to family issues makes it sound pretty bad. You can do what you want if your husband doesn't need your support. But when you "give your regrets" pick a single reasonable excuse otherwise you sound like a child trying to get out of something you just don't wanna do.

Exactly, sounds like a lot of excuses to not go. As they saying goes about excuses "If your mother had been a man she would have been your father".

OP just doesn't want to go. So as you said pick one reasonable excuse if you don't go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
This is not about you, it is about your husband and his family. What is HIS thoughts?

If he is at all hesitant, don't push it, and just go. Many of us swallow our thoughts and pride for family events where people we really don't care for will also be there.

Be kind, be nonconfrontational, and know it is just a temporary situation.

Absolutely. Making a situation like this all about your self is well, selfish. Many families have people they don't get along with, but they put their differences aside for the day of the funeral or do their best to ignore each other for the day.

So tired of the "all about me" mentality so prevalent these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 02:28 PM

507 posts, read 443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, sounds like a lot of excuses to not go. As they saying goes about excuses "If your mother had been a man she would have been your father".
I learned that differently. I learned "if a queen had balls, she'd be king" and "if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his behind."

Bottom line is OP is complaining and being petulant about what is ultimately going to be a few days out of her life. But I sense that if she did go, she'd do something else my mother used to admonish us not to do: "put a puss on."

This whole charade is an exercise in passive-aggressiveness. Not exactly the stuff of a healthy marriage.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:45 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Fair enough, but the OP doesn't deserve being dumped on.
I went back and read her other posts - just 12. Boy is there a lot going on there.

I don't think they can stay at a hotel alone. They would need help with all kinds of things seems like.

There is nothing wrong with her not attending. I'm sure the rest of the family, especially the SIL understands. There seems to be a reason she has POA.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:43 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I went back and read her other posts - just 12. Boy is there a lot going on there.

I don't think they can stay at a hotel alone. They would need help with all kinds of things seems like.

There is nothing wrong with her not attending. I'm sure the rest of the family, especially the SIL understands. There seems to be a reason she has POA.
Yes, there is.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
I learned that differently. I learned "if a queen had balls, she'd be king" and "if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his behind."

Bottom line is OP is complaining and being petulant about what is ultimately going to be a few days out of her life. But I sense that if she did go, she'd do something else my mother used to admonish us not to do: "put a puss on."

This whole charade is an exercise in passive-aggressiveness. Not exactly the stuff of a healthy marriage.

LOL, I like your sayings better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships