Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 AM

152 posts, read 174,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No. Nothing good can come from your meddling, OP, so I suggest you MYOB.
Yes, I intend to, but wish someone would call him out on what he is doing, knock some sense into him, but, it's not my place. I kept my mouth shut several years ago when he was cheating on my previous sister-in-law.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:55 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
Yes, I intend to, but wish someone would call him out on what he is doing, knock some sense into him, but, it's not my place. I kept my mouth shut several years ago when he was cheating on my previous sister-in-law.
Why call him out? He's doing it with his wifes permission, for 7 years. You might not agree with the relationship (I definitely don't) but it would be cruel to SIL for you to out this information to everyone.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:23 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
At what point in their 7 year marriage did your SIL realize somebody had filled her slot? After the first child...the second child or the third??? Come on she is no victim here...but she allowed her three children to be born into this nightmare...Tell her to leave him or stay and keep her mouth shut in front of you...

Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 AM

203 posts, read 193,798 times
Part of me thinks when she cheated with him it wasn't HER doing anything wrong- if she wasnt the married one she was just dating a man. SHE wasnt married. HE WAS.

But knowing that he was able to cheat previously.... that was a heads up for her to always be wary.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Best quote there is : "If he is doing it with you, (the cheating) he will do it to you."
This is very true! Which us why I always say, I am not interested in someone else's husband/man... Never, ever...

Old 12-01-2015, 10:02 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavinOnAJetPlane View Post
Part of me thinks when she cheated with him it wasn't HER doing anything wrong- if she wasnt the married one she was just dating a man. SHE wasnt married. HE WAS.

But knowing that he was able to cheat previously.... that was a heads up for her to always be wary.
It is absolutely wrong to sleep with a married man. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-01-2015 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Personal barb.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:14 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Sexual jealousy is almost unknown in less advanced cultures than Third, Second and First world cultures. Societies without organized religion and its false morality, live closer to natural human inclinations. Think about all the misery, sickness, economic hardship, and even death, that swirls around who is sleeping with who. This thread is an example of angst over cheating that is with individuals in a separate relationship from the thread starter.

I can get my head around emotion over a partner cheating. I've evolved beyond it, but I get it. I cannot understand getting worked up over cheating that is being done to someone else. Not even a close relative someone else. Leave them to it. They might be evolved, as I am. Not everyone needs to pour cold water in the ear of a sleeping spouse. I know I won't convince anyone, but it should probably be the case that adultery be removed as grounds for divorce. The bar for dissolving something as enmeshing as a marriage partnership should be higher than "s/he cheated on me!". With no legal out, couples would have to deal with the issue head on. Why is the partner cheating? What is the other partners role in this? There are always two sides to an issue that involves two people.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Quote:
I kept my mouth shut several years ago when he was cheating on my previous sister-in-law.
What!!!! He dated or was married to a previous sister-in-law? This whole thing sounds like something on Jerry Springer.............

I'm guessing this is your spouse's brother?

BTW--I doubt there is any addiction involved here as you previously suggested. The man is an immature dog.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:47 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
So wait, is this guy your husband's brother?

Old 12-01-2015, 10:56 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Or the sister in law is the op's husbands sister making her the op's sister in law and the sister in law's husband would be the op's brother in law.

Another option is that the op's husband is the brother in laws brother while the brother in laws wife would be the sister in law.
The OP cannot refer to the married couple as a brother in law and a sister in law. Either its the woman is her sister in law, or the man is her brother in law. A sister in law and brother in law cannot be married to one another, they only become a brother/sister in law by being married to one of your sibilings or your spouse's siblings.
"in-law" is a relative term to the person declaring it otherwise its nonsense. One of them ain't.

In your first scenario the guy isn't a brother in law of the OP, he's merely her sister in law's husband. (Brothers and sisters can't wed in my state).
In your second scenario its just vice versa. Still ain't a married brother in law and sister in law.

Now she can refer to them generically as "inlaws" but that ain't the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships