Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:53 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You know how many people say they get a "bad vibe" from a person?

I do not understand,maybe because that does not happen to me?
I do not get vibes.

I always thought it was an excuse for some people to discriminate against another based on appearance,personality,etc.

I think some people do not pick up on vibes the way others do. I also think some people go too far.

My MIL is the worst at picking up vibes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 01:07 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
It's about listening to your intuition. Some are very in tune and others are not. My husband laughs off intuition. .
People used to laugh off my vibes/intuition. Until I was right about everyone.
Useful tool for my line of work and I've learned now NEVER to ignore it.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:19 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
interesting article on the faking of emotions by psychopaths:

Psychopathy: Psychopaths Fake Empathy, Fear and Remorse Better Than the Rest of Us, Study Says : News : Headlines & Global News

Old 02-28-2016, 08:50 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,219 times
"Vibes" are the conscious and sometimes physiological manifestations of unconscious reactions to someone - to the extent our unconscious allows.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:55 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Read the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

http://www.amazon.com/Blink-The-Powe.../dp/0316010669
And The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Fear-.../dp/0440226198

Old 02-28-2016, 06:39 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol, no offense, but I highly doubt that's a good barometer to go on. I know for a fact that some animals are like that with pretty much everyone (perhaps sans the owner).

With your theory, one of my long term good friends shouldn't trust me
Why would I be offended? I offered no "theory", and I was talking about MY cat. What does that have to do with you or your friends?

She's NOT like that with everyone. That's the point. The few people I have seen her act that way with were a-holes. I've had her for ten years. I am obviously not going to make all judgments based on cat behavior, but she has turned out to be a pretty good indicator.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
I do possess this ability or have Extra Sensory Perception (ESP). Apparently everyone has the ability, but can be more pronounced in some, as one said, some being more sensitive. Now, if I refer to a vibe, it can mean bad or good. It is having a sense about someone or something and has to just come to me.

I mentioned an instance here some time ago. Once I was in a market and I kept seeing a guy passing by. He had no cart or basket, appeared tense and intent on something. I struck me that I got a bad vibe about him as he passed. Now, maybe he was looking for a female to follow out of the market.. I don't know. (Now, I don't mean that anyone without a cart is suspect or that every person who appears tense or preoccupied is up to no good, but some tend to take things wrong). It has to do with what comes from within.

When I had mentioned this in the past, some men acted as if I was "unfairly judging a male", based upon appearance, which had nothing to do with it. They just didn't get it. A guy may not take such care in his appearance, but not give off a bad feeling or may, while a well-dressed, attractive guy may be very creepy.. or not. (Actually, I think that topic discussed "creepiness", but since the term has been used so loosely, it can be perceived differently).

Old 02-29-2016, 11:25 AM

1,038 posts, read 903,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I do possess this ability or have Extra Sensory Perception (ESP). Apparently everyone has the ability, but can be more pronounced in some, as one said, some being more sensitive. Now, if I refer to a vibe, it can mean bad or good. It is having a sense about someone or something and has to just come to me.

I mentioned an instance here some time ago. Once I was in a market and I kept seeing a guy passing by. He had no cart or basket, appeared tense and intent on something. I struck me that I got a bad vibe about him as he passed. Now, maybe he was looking for a female to follow out of the market.. I don't know. (Now, I don't mean that anyone without a cart is suspect or that every person who appears tense or preoccupied is up to no good, but some tend to take things wrong). It has to do with what comes from within.

When I had mentioned this in the past, some men acted as if I was "unfairly judging a male", based upon appearance, which had nothing to do with it. They just didn't get it. A guy may not take such care in his appearance, but not give off a bad feeling or may, while a well-dressed, attractive guy may be very creepy.. or not. (Actually, I think that topic discussed "creepiness", but since the term has been used so loosely, it can be perceived differently).
This will last right up to your first Divorce when you realize you fell for the Act despite the ESP

As it happens, I didn't like my ex husband on first meeting. I was too young and inexperienced to listen to my own instincts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships