Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 09:44 PM

61 posts, read 59,235 times

Advertisements

I had been good friends with my friend Nancy for 2 years now. We were hanging out all the times and go out to lunch once a week. We did planned to hangout for the festival and concert 2 weeks ago on Friday, July 1st. I haven't talk to her for the morning and afternoon that day because I had to work. I came down there to meet her later that night at 8 pm. I did called and send her a text messages 20 times. She kept ignoring my phone calls and text messages. I was there for 30 minutes and went back home. I got on Facebook and her status was the first thing that show up on my newsfeed. She was saying that she had a VIP tickets that was given to her by a friend. It was posted at the same times I was trying to called her. Then she send me a text message around 9 pm and told me that her phone was dead.Moderator cut: delete She never respond back. Some of her female friends thought that I knew about the VIP tickets. Nancy never told me about it. I ask how long she knew about it. She knew about the VIP tickets since the day before the festival when we went to lunch. She never bothered to tell me about it cause she didn't want me to sit in the VIP front row. She gave the tickets to her 10 year old daughter and her daughter's 3 friends. She also gave the rest of the tickets to her other two female friends. I don't know who she gave the other tickets to. I was upset and feel that she could been honest with me about the VIP tickets. We have came too far in our friendship for her to left me out like that. She done that to me 3 months ago when I asked her to go to my doctor appointment with me out of town. I have a hearing loss with a cochlear implant and have to get a checkup done once a year. She said yes. Then she changed her mind the day before my doctor appointment. Her excuse was her daughter. Her daughter go to school all day until 4 pm. My doctor appointment was early at 9 am and would been done within an hour. I did send her a text message and ask her about the VIP tickets. She admit to me that she had about 10 VIP tickets. My feelings wasn't considered for her not to give me one. Some of her friends invited me to another concert the next night on Saturday, July 2nd. I came and they were acting fake and not talking to me. It was just dirty looks. I ask one of the woman what was up with that. She told me that I am just a fake person and troublemaker cause I ask about Nancy about the VIP tickets. It was telling me that they didn't want me to be a part of the VIP front row seat. Nancy could called and told me that instead of ignoring me. I cut off all contact with themModerator cut: delete . I don't need that crazy dramas and games in my life. I refuse to be a backup plan for Nancy anymore when her female friends don't have the money to go to lunch or dinner. She get bored (stay at home mom) when her daughter is at school and her friends don't have the paycheck income to hangout like I do. I was there for Nancy when she came to me crying all the times about her daughter's father treating her like crap. I did show my support by listening and talk to her. I didn't turn her away and ignored her. I told Nancy that I won't be available to hear her crazy dramas with her daughter's father anymore. Where was her loyalty on Friday, July 1st? Toward her other friends. She didn't want me around and I decide it is best to end the friendship. It take two people to invested in a friendship. I was showing more loyalty and got burned at the end.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-18-2016 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: deleted FB references..see sticky post atop this page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 09:16 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Ok.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:23 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

Don't know how old you are, I'm guessing you were born in 1974? You sound more like a teenager with the 20 text messages and deleting them

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-18-2016 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: FB comments are now orphaned

Old 07-16-2016, 10:04 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
She's not your best friend. She doesn't even sound like a friend.

Move on. Not worth the drama.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:52 PM

36 posts, read 42,737 times
Oh my god. Opened this post to see what it was about and just looking at how long it is and of course spotting the diseased word FB knew it involved a lot of drama. Haven't bothered to read it.

Stop it! Stop the drama. Push the stupid phone away from your body and take back your intelligence.

And yes, paragraphs are your friend.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:38 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
maybe you're too needy for her.....

Old 07-16-2016, 03:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
maybe you're too needy for her.....
...or maybe the texts are too difficult to read, much like the OP.

I did the math, too, based on 1974, also and thought "no way - more like 2002".

Old 07-16-2016, 07:18 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Before I clicked on the thread, I knew I was going to revolve around or texting.Moderator cut: delete Didn't realize it was going to hit the exacta.

Maybe I'm old, but what did we do for breathless drama before social media?

OP - I would suggest you disconnect from the social media, and learn to connect in person. That's the root of the entire problem.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-18-2016 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: FB references are now orphaned

Old 07-17-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthestreets View Post
Oh my god. Opened this post to see what it was about and just looking at how long it is and of course spotting the diseased word FB knew it involved a lot of drama. Haven't bothered to read it.

Stop it! Stop the drama. Push the stupid phone away from your body and take back your intelligence.

And yes, paragraphs are your friend.

Well I have a hearing loss disability in both ears. So my English skills are not perfect but I am good at math and numbers along with computers. I had seen some people's paragraphs worse than mine with bad spelling.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Paragraphs are your friend.

Don't know how old you are, I'm guessing you were born in 1974? You sound more like a teenager with the 20 text messages and deleting.
Yes I was born in 1974 but I am also a smart and intelligent woman. So you wouldn't want to deleted people who act two faced and show you no respect? It tell me that I don't have to put up with the disrespect that I don't deserve.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-18-2016 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships