Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,280,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
because corporations in ireland operate vastly different from american corporations apparently.
No, because Ireland is a different country, with a different culture, great music, beautiful scenery... You are making it about the work, when it is about experiences outside of work. It's sad I have to explain that to a young person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 08:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,546,760 times
Quote:
because corporations in ireland operate vastly different from american corporations apparently.
Yet again, you are missing the point that life isn't just about work. Living in a different country is an experience in immersing yourself in another culture. Additionally, there is opportunity for travel. It shows interest in people and experiences that differ from how you grew up. That is generally considered to be a good thing.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:28 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,288,594 times
Quote:
i went to around 8 weddings this summer. so no...

also how is spending several years at a big company in Ireland any more exciting than working for a fortune 500 in america?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yet again, you are missing the point that life isn't just about work. Living in a different country is an experience in immersing yourself in another culture. Additionally, there is opportunity for travel. It shows interest in people and experiences that differ from how you grew up. That is generally considered to be a good thing.
The woman who worked in Ireland, did extensive traveling both in Ireland & in Europe, while she was working there. She said that it was an absolutely amazing experience. Incidentally, it was actually more of a "think tank" than a traditional company so she worked with people from all over the world even though it was based in Ireland. Frankly, most of her friends were pretty jealous of her.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 PM

2,507 posts, read 1,893,256 times
Typical. Any time she gets backed into a corner, she returns with more "facts" and "details". I see she's starting the YAGE pre-lims right on schedule.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:53 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,049,053 times
Quote:
All of my married friends are either in graduate school or working. They aren't mutually exclusive.
But your friends aren't comprised of 60 % of the students you graduated with. You're talking about a rather small sample.

Quote:
My sons traveled extensively during, and after college. I think you've chosen to settle in at precisely the period of time when it makes sense to travel and enjoy new experiences. To each his own, but it's far easier to do it now than with a family in tow. Believe it or not, companies like hiring people who take risks.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:06 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,124,229 times
Quote:
Clearly in 2 years nothing changes.

I am pretty happy with my life. Thanks for playing therapist though. What creditials do you have again?
Wow (or woah) just read to page 17...and...sure stellastar2345, you sound oh-so-happy and satisfied with your life...I mean, that's why you keep posting here, right? To share your joyous way of life with all the uneducated poor folks on the Internet? Otherwise, I can't really tell what your hoping to get from your threads.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:23 PM

42,056 posts, read 75,531,007 times
Quote:
Lol isn't in the dictionary.
Well, at least you spelled that correctly, although your use of upper case letters could use some work. Your education wasn't a complete waste after all.

Quote:
also how is spending several years at a big company in Ireland any more exciting than working for a fortune 500 in america?
Quote:
You seriously don't understand the benefits of living in another country and spending time with the people who live there?

I guess nobody can teach you anything. You already know it all.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,439,729 times
Oh, gosh! I would have jumped at the chance to live elsewhere and work. In fact, a couple of years after my husband and I married (right out of college), he was actively trying to be placed on an overseas contract. It would have taken his career in a great direction, but he didn't get it. As for me, I'm still kicking myself for not studying abroad during my last year of university. I was too ready to settle down and wasn't willing to leave my now husband for a semester. Dumb, dumb, DUMB! The wedding was planned, he wasn't going anywhere, and we had our entire lives ahead of us. Seriously, there is no better time in your life to do these things than your twenties, and studying or working abroad can create job opportunities that never would have come your way otherwise. Don't look down on your friends. They are wise to do these things now, because they may never come again.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:31 AM

11,024 posts, read 7,899,216 times
Quote:
Major news sources use woah

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woah-watc...122711958.html

Woah: America’s youngest voters have turned on Obama in a BIG way | TheBlaze.com

Anyway if all you can do now is be critical of my spelling of informal words, I think it's time to stop responding. But thanks for your opinions. I'll keep them in mind.

You claim that major news sources use the incorrect spelling of whoa, then add two links, neither of which is a major news source. An adult would just admit they have been spelling a certain word wrong and possibly even thank the person bringing that to her attention. Then go back to her room by herself and count her money.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 AM

16,074 posts, read 28,646,775 times
Quote:
Well since you brought this up, he asked me out and I rejected him sometime in December. So no, I don't have romantic feelings.
Keep telling yourself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships