Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:32 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,343,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
mine are natural, but they never got me anything like tires!! or any of that other stuff!!

guess I wasn't using them right......
Big boobs are overrated. Maybe in former times, but not anymore.
Men's attention shifted somehow to the butts, there are boobs men and there are butt men.
I think equally divided. Many men do not like big boobs, I think B/C are best.
Tell me if I am wrong.
--------------------------

LOL, just got a rep telling me that I am wrong...:-) Thanks!

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 09-22-2016 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
being an attractive woman, I'm guessing has advantages and disadvantages....

we all know what the advantages are, but I didn't see that anyone touched base on the following, and please forgive me, if someone did and I missed it but...

people lie to attractive women, simply to get next to them....to score, etc....
that is very difficult regarding trust....

some women are extremely threatened by attractive women and won't include them in their groups....
nice men are intimidated to approach you, but it seems the obnoxious & players don't mind in the least, which leaves scars...

after a while its easy for an attractive woman to lose faith in herself, and distrust...because so many have taken advantage of her and have not be kind to her heart.

because a woman is attractive it's hard to know, if the person she is dating really wants to get to know her soul. And when she does try to share who she is, it seems no one really cares to listen to her wants and desires...so she might be tempted to simply accept, telling herself that this one really does love her....
I agree, those are the negatives of being very attractive, especially these, I quote:

"*.....some women are extremely threatened by attractive women and won't include them in their groups....

..*....nice men are intimidated to approach you, but it seems the obnoxious & players don't mind in the least, which leaves scars...

Old 09-22-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
What I've found is that a man has a beautiful wife or girlfriend, people assume he must be successful in his career to get this "trophy" woman.
I wonder what people think if a beautiful woman has a loser husband.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
In my high school class there was a super attractive girl that was popular mainly because of her goddess looks. She had tons of friends and got her way about everything. People would say "oh, she's so nice" as being the reason they liked her. But she was just nice in an ordinary way. She wasn't any nicer than the average person. So it's like they needed to have an excuse for worshipping her the way they did, and they didn't want to admit it was because of her looks and beautiful clothing.

...........she was indeed lucky that nobody envied or was jealous of her!

Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,054,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Men's attention shifted somehow to the butts, there are boobs men and there are butt men.
Tell me if I am wrong.
It depends on how you display them, not necessarily the size

Old 09-22-2016, 02:52 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,720,195 times
Quote:
...........she was indeed lucky that nobody envied or was jealous of her!
I think so, too. Although I suppose that some did envy her and possibly didn't like her. I personally didn't try to befriend her because I tried to talk to her once and she was standoffish to me.

I think what's said above can be true. I read somewhere that other women can feel threatened by a beautiful woman and will work to exclude her from groups, because they don't want the men going after her instead of them. If they can turn her into a social pariah, she won't have as much chance getting dates.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Tell me if I am wrong.
--------------------------

LOL, just got a rep telling me that I am wrong...:-) Thanks!
There wouldn't be such a lucrative business in boob implants if what you say were true. And they're not necessarily about getting big ones; the phenom is partly about A-cup women who want to be a "B". The local breast x-ray clinic staff said that implants are so common that they ask everyone coming in for a health check/x-ray if they have them or not.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 PM

496 posts, read 554,693 times
Someone mentioned having been an "ugly duckling" and tormented by other children. The poster didn't mention whether he/she had turned into a swan at some point.

I was considered "ugly" by other kids (smaller, and looked a bit different from the rest). I endured a lot of mean comments and exclusion by age peers, and grew to assume that the bottom of the social order was my lot in life. Then, in my late teens, I grew tall and filled out, and my age peers starting saying I was good-looking. After all the nastiness early on, I frankly had trouble believing them.

To compensate, I started telling myself that I must be better-looking than I thought I was, and decided to test the idea by speaking up confidently, talking to popular people, joining groups. Amazingly (to me), I got away with it, whereas a few years earlier, I would have been put in my place at once. Whether I really was better-looking or not (I can't judge, because I still see a very flawed face in the mirror), I believe my act of confidence made a difference in my life. Where kids treated me like dirt, adults tend to treat me with respect. Just one person's story.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:54 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
In my high school class there was a super attractive girl that was popular mainly because of her goddess looks. She had tons of friends and got her way about everything. People would say "oh, she's so nice" as being the reason they liked her. But she was just nice in an ordinary way. She wasn't any nicer than the average person. So it's like they needed to have an excuse for worshipping her the way they did, and they didn't want to admit it was because of her looks and beautiful clothing.
Yes, or they only noticed that she was kinda nice because they bothered to give her the time of day. They probably never, or rarely, spoke to the really nice women who weren't as attractive.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:12 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,054,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
Someone mentioned having been an "ugly duckling" and tormented by other children. The poster didn't mention whether he/she had turned into a swan at some point.

I was considered "ugly" by other kids (smaller, and looked a bit different from the rest). I endured a lot of mean comments and exclusion by age peers, and grew to assume that the bottom of the social order was my lot in life. Then, in my late teens, I grew tall and filled out, and my age peers starting saying I was good-looking. After all the nastiness early on, I frankly had trouble believing them.
I had a horrible time in school because I was ugly. This in turn caused me to have very low self esteem. So yes, I attractive people have it easier! Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships