Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 04:05 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
My suggestion would be to include her more in activities that may include others. You've talked about hanging out with guys at the gym, etc., but that isn't something the two of you can share.

Colorado should be a great place for exploration. Take some of your time off and go explore the area. Build some memories for the two of you and try to include others in those activities.

Yes, she committed to you to move to Colorado and try something new. If you know she is having trouble, think about offering as much help as you can, since you seem to be doing better when meeting other people.

Are none of your gym buddies married?

I would also try to assure her that things will come to her in time. It could take six months or a year for her to settle in, but it will come.
This. I am facebook friends with a couple who moved here a year ago. They go hiking and camping together at least a couple times a month.

My creative writing group is my social circle here, along with my dog sports friends.

IL isn't that far away though - can't she make the occasional trip back home to visit friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships