Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 03:44 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,783,255 times

Advertisements

Look at the Las Vegas crime ratings. It is way above national average, and is considered a hard core crime city due to this.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...as-Nevada.html

When they are trying to protect the Las Vegas public from the type of crimes listed at that site, and have to protect the public from serious crimes, they don't have time to go out looking at young kids doing mischief which tearing up a $20 sign is considered. If they were out on every mischief event like yours, they would never have time to go after the serious above average real crime problem.

They did not show up, as they were probably out on a serious problem, not some kids doing mischief. Every city has to figure the priority of the crime, to determine if they will work on it or not. Kids doing mischief is not a serious crime, when there other serious crimes to solve.

Lets see some things that are happening in Las Vegas.

Murder rate has doubled over 2015.

Homicides increase 100 percent in Clark County between 2015 and 2016 | KSNV

Homicide, violent crimes on a dramatic rise in Las Vegas - Story

With the serious crimes soaring, the police do not have enough officers to handle such small complaints as vandalizing a $20 sign. They have serious problems to solve, not trying to find which kids ruined a $20 sign.

They are trying to solve murders, serious robberies, etc., and in Las Vegas will never have the time to spend time on kids mischief like you think is so serious. Devoting police officers time to working on your problem, would take them away with trying to solve serious crimes. Crime is soaring in Las Vegas to the point they can only cover serious crimes, and this is something you need to accept. To enlarge the police department to the point they can look at minor mischief by young kids could require doubling the size of the police department.. Would you be willing to see your property tax double so they could have enough officers to have enough to be working on kids vandalizing a $20 sign. And North Las Vegas is much higher crime rates.

You have three paths to follow. 1--Learn to live with the reality, the police department cannot take the time to hunt down some kids doing mischief. 2--Start working to get a vote by the public in Las Vegas to double your property taxes, and hire enough officers to handle mischief problems as well as real crime problems. 3--Move somewhere like we have, where the crime rate is only a portion of average in relation to Las Vegas where all categories of crime are way above national average, and a lot of the crime categories here will be zero for the year most years here. Where the police report for the day shows they had to go find the owner for a horse that was wandering around in rural areas or some such thing. The only crime category that is really showing something is a couple of guys got into a fist fight. Things that would not even be recorded in Las Vegas. Of course we have had a huge police department for years. It is a Chief and 4 officers. One is a K-9 officer who is an expert dog handler and his dog. He is borrowed for an hour or so by the highway patrol, and sheriffs office at times, to check cars they have pulled over on the highway for drugs, to find a missing kid, etc. That dog is extremely good at his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 03:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,617,392 times
Tampering with mail is a federal crime. Did you tell the police that? I agree with the posters who said you should record everything and shame them on social media, also go to the city council and school board. The part that concerns me most is pushing people into the street where they could be hit by traffic. That's beyond harassment. I know people hate frivolous lawsuits, but if this gets to the point where they're actually targeting (stalking) people and threatening violence, we have laws against it. If the cops aren't going to do anything until someone is actually physically injured, it may be time to at least THREATEN a suit against the families.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:48 PM

6 posts, read 5,054 times
call the postmaster if they are screwing with your mail. federal offense.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,391,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post

They did not show up, as they were probably out on a serious problem, not some kids doing mischief. Every city has to figure the priority of the crime, to determine if they will work on it or not. Kids doing mischief is not a serious crime, when there other serious crimes to solve.

Lets see some things that are happening in Las Vegas.

Murder rate has doubled over 2015.
And why? Because the murderers aren't put in prison for all the lesser crimes they commit before they graduate to murder.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:33 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,783,255 times
Quote:
And why? Because the murderers aren't put in prison for all the lesser crimes they commit before they graduate to murder.
There are only so many police officers, and they have to devote their time to trying to hold down serious crime and solve serious crime at a time crime is accelerating at a tremendous rate in Las Vegas. They do not have the officers to pursue young kids doing a small misdemeanor of wrecking a $20 sigh. Do you really prefer they work to solve murder, armed robbery, and other serious crimes that are doing damage to people. Or do you think a couple of officers should go over to the school and spend a few hours trying to locate some young kids that are up to mischief damaging a $20 banner. They can do one but not both. They are choosing the ones that they feel takes priority. You and some others seem to think the $20 banner takes preference over murder, assault with attempt to kill, armed robbery, rape, and other serious crime that are hurting people not some little banner. They can work to solve either one the crime that is killing and doing serious damage to people, or they can waste their time looking for kids for a few hours that wrecked a $20 sign.

One reason that crime rates are soaring in Las Vegas, is they do not have enough police officers to crack down on the serious crimes. They certainly do not have the time to spend hours looking for some young kids wrecking a sign, when you and other posters do not even know who they are.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:52 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,755,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freak7 View Post
There's a group of Jr. High, punk kids that are vandalizing, pushing kids into a busy street and trying to pick fights with adults.

My mom, niece/sister and I have observed their violent behavior a few times now, which have involved other parents as well. The day our involvement began was walking home from school, catching these punks ripping down a huge community banner for our HOA event coming up. They were stomping on the rope and trying to rip through the sign. We were behind them and yelled at them to stop and they turned around, cursed at us and ran away.

We told our HOA president and he said this is the third time they've done this and if we could photograph them and file a police report, he'd appreciate it.

We filed a police report the next morning. Police said they would try to send a cop over when school let out so we could identify these kids. However, since the vandalism is only around $20 or less, it isn't a priority.

No cop showed up, but I brought my camera. I was able to get clear photos of the two of the main criminals/gang leaders. However, during the photos, the one ring leader, an obese, Mexican, jumped in front of our car, wouldn't move and put his hands on our hood so we couldn't take a photo of the other criminal. We yelled at him to move, but he turned around, showing his behind and cursing at us. I documented everything.

The school told us to bring in the photos and they'd help us identify them. We decided to drop it, being that our event is over, we had already notified the police and were concerned for our safety as well. This was a month ago.

As my niece was walking home yesterday, she told us they started up with another neighbor. This neighbor had her camera as well and experienced more of a severe attack than our sign issue. We went to talk to the neighbor to share our experiences as well.

They showed us their video and all the damage that's been done to their house from these same punks. They've stolen their mailbox, thrown their mail out in the street, thrown bricks at her front window, (which were all boarded up) kicking down her concrete wall, stole her bike out the back, threatening to fight, kicking, spitting, swearing at her and her husband - all caught on camera.

They've also filed a police report and the police DO NOTHING and DO NOT care! I'm concerned if we continue to try and prosecute these punks, they'll try and do something to our house. They're clearly not afraid of adults and have zero parental involvement. Should we just mind our own business or keep trying to stop these criminals-in-the-making? Although without support from the police, I'm not sure what to do.

Thoughts?
Same thing I say about the alleged Trump racists all over our streets....show me. Coming here with this story of violent, deranged and FAT Mexican hoodlums may or may not be true, but it smells like troll to me.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:37 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,436,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7freak7 View Post
ripping down a huge community banner for our HOA event coming up.
during the photos, the one ring leader, an obese, Mexican, jumped in front of our car,
thrown bricks at her front window...kicking down her concrete wall
I personally am having a similar issue and I am planning to buy a paintgun and shoot their little tails, and let the cops know what color to look for.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,907,759 times
How do you expect them to be stopped if YOU don't do something. Leaving it open to others to do, does not make you safe, only others at risk as well.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,496,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
People like you are why our prisons are packed, you are lieing on someone and it can get those teens killed or shot because of your anger and selfishness. Granted you want the crime to stop but don't make false allegations on someone. That is the problem with our system so called victims like YOU are making false allegations.
First, they would not be shot or killed because of others actions.

Second, Criminals learn how to game the system so they should not be surprised when others also learn how to game the system.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:17 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,496,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I personally am having a similar issue and I am planning to buy a paintgun and shoot their little tails, and let the cops know what color to look for.
This is a horrible idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships