Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burltodenver View Post
Everyone saying, "it's fake/ a lie" or "they do it to fit in", go ahead and post those opinions in this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great...er-people.html

Because all you're really saying is, "I can't deal with this, I don't understand it, so I will make fun of it"

Seriously, how many trans people are out there, posting about YOU on the internet? No one who has a interesting and wholesome life would sit on this page and bash people for their own beliefs. Get lives you people
I did post over there, and it's not what I'm saying. Seriously, it's you who doesn't understand and can't deal since this thread never mentioned transsexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 01:08 AM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
Quote:

Because all you're really saying is, "I can't deal with this, I don't understand it, so I will make fun of it"

Seriously, how many trans people are out there, posting about YOU on the internet? No one who has a interesting and wholesome life would sit on this page and bash people for their own beliefs. Get lives you people
Finally a voice of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
they are both made up words
All words are "made up", so what's your point?

Old 03-23-2017, 07:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Finally a voice of reason.

All words are "made up", so what's your point?
They are made up, as in gaga, baba. They don't have a legitimate meaning.

That is my point.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Everyone saying, "it's fake/ a lie" or "they do it to fit in", go ahead and post those opinions in this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/great...er-people.html

Not many.

However, there has been legislation, arguments about bathrooms, locker rooms, male/female sports participation, curriculum in elementary schools that mandated teachers read aloud stories to kindergartners so they can understand gender and sexual harassment, and KNOW how to recognize and defend themselves against sexual harassment (yes, kindergartners apparently need to know sexual harassment).

If people want to call themselves purple unicorns and wander around with horns on their heads, have at it. No one cares. It's when you FORCE it on the other 99.5% of the population that problems arise.

Just stop trying to FORCE it on other people. Stop legislating bathrooms. Stop putting sexual material that is completely inappropriate in elementary schools. Stop allowing HS boys in the girls locker room.

No one had an issue with any of this gender nonsense until the media started cramming in down everybody's throat relentlessly, day after day, month after month, year after year.

Enough already, leave us alone!!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
In the great scheme of life, why does this stuff matter? I have different feelings about different things at different times, but my gender is a constant component of my identity; it doesn't change or become more or less of anything.

Can't people find real problems to deal with instead of this nonsense?
You feel that your gender is a constant component of your identity. Others don't.

"This stuff matters" because it deals with how people identify and feel about themselves. That you don't view it as a real issue and something important doesn't make it so.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Not many.

However, there has been legislation, arguments about bathrooms, locker rooms, male/female sports participation, curriculum in elementary schools that mandated teachers read aloud stories to kindergartners so they can understand gender and sexual harassment, and KNOW how to recognize and defend themselves against sexual harassment (yes, kindergartners apparently need to know sexual harassment).

If people want to call themselves purple unicorns and wander around with horns on their heads, have at it. No one cares. It's when you FORCE it on the other 99.5% of the population that problems arise.

Just stop trying to FORCE it on other people. Stop legislating bathrooms. Stop putting sexual material that is completely inappropriate in elementary schools. Stop allowing HS boys in the girls locker room.

No one had an issue with any of this gender nonsense until the media started cramming in down everybody's throat relentlessly, day after day, month after month, year after year.

Enough already, leave us alone!!
^^^^^ this

Old 03-23-2017, 01:05 PM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
You feel that your gender is a constant component of your identity. Others don't.

"This stuff matters" because it deals with how people identify and feel about themselves. That you don't view it as a real issue and something important doesn't make it so.
This. (Couldn't rep you again)

Quote:
They are made up, as in gaga, baba. They don't have a legitimate meaning.

That is my point.
All words are "made up". Language is a social construct. You don't get to unilaterally decide whether they have legitimate meaning or not - clearly they do mean something to some people.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
You know not too long ago I got roasted and kicked off a forum on fb because I refused to acknowledge bruce as Kaitlin.
I got kicked off of a forum not because I refused to call him Caitlyn, he can change his name all he wants, but because I challenged those who call him "female". He's not female. He's still a male, and I won't cater to this mental illness of pretending that there's more than 2 genders, and that identifying as one makes you one when it clearly does not.

Besides, if "gender is a social construct" (which it is not, it's based on science for crying out loud), then what's with all the Women's Marches? What's with the blabbering on about "my rights, my rights" and "pay gap" and "it's not fair" and non stop talking about their private body parts?

These people don't have a clue what they're talking about. They can't even decide what they mean.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:48 PM

61 posts, read 70,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I got kicked off of a forum not because I refused to call him Caitlyn, he can change his name all he wants, but because I challenged those who call him "female". He's not female. He's still a male, and I won't cater to this mental illness of pretending that there's more than 2 genders, and that identifying as one makes you one when it clearly does not.

Besides, if "gender is a social construct" (which it is not, it's based on science for crying out loud), then what's with all the Women's Marches? What's with the blabbering on about "my rights, my rights" and "pay gap" and "it's not fair" and non stop talking about their private body parts?

These people don't have a clue what they're talking about. They can't even decide what they mean.
Are you trained in psychiatry? Do you know what really constitutes a mental illness? I suspect not. You act as if these people belong in some insane asylum, all because someone changes their name and how they would like to be referred to. That is their choice, their freedom.

Don't like it? Tough.

We live in America. That means, I don't have to care whether you want to call me Bill, Fred, or Mary. However, you DO need to respect people's individual choices.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
You don't get it because it is all made up. there is nothing to understand.

It's fiction, based on failed experiments by John Money a "sexologist," who tried to make a boy with a botched circumcision into a girl. He made a whole career out of it (pedophilia as well). Look John Money up, read about the experiments, which were basically horrific child abuse, and you will understand how the idea of "gender" was created in the 1950s. The word did not exist in this context before then. It was only used to refer to language (amigo, amiga).

It's a lie. Don't believe it, and don't put up with people who do. Don't bow to the crowd, who thinks its cool and enlightened and tolerant. It's not. It's a lie, and it's affecting people's lives.
If someone feels he or she should be a different gender, who am I to say he or she is wrong. Just because you say it is wrong, doesn't make it wrong. And I doubt that the botched circumcision case is the cause of people deciding they are pangendered or have a fluid gender.

And, if I remember correctly the boy in question identified strongly with being male, in spite of the conditioning he received to be female. So, his sexual identification was in place at birth.

Isn't this what these people are saying? Their sexual or gender identification was in place in birth, whether or not their equipment matched their identification. Sometimes, apparently, the brain does not match the equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships