Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 03:32 PM

114 posts, read 148,404 times

Advertisements

So brief history is that I was always the one who was better in school for as long as I can remember and got into a good University while he had to stay back and go to a city college. I never thought much about it, he was never on my radar nor did I even care. Just consumed with my own life. Hardly ever talk to him. Well my relative got into medical school and rubbed it in my face while we were drinking. We are both the same age. I graduated a year early and he graduated after. I moved back home after graduation. I decided to take couple of years off, work to figure out my life. My grades weren't exactly good either since school was pretty hard about a 3.2. Not sure if medicine is what I want to do. I know for him his parents are very pushy. Saying I should be a doctor to me and other nephews.

We were drinking one time and he starts spewing how he is "better" than me now. How he had so much **** on him from parents cause I was doing better than him. I moved away from home, went to go a good school... just lot of pent up stuff that I never even knew about on his side. I was like wtf? He starts asking me what my gpa was in high school, sat score, from back then, my grades in college. To me it is so petty, but he is basically rubbing his "success" in my face while we were drinking. I am like congrats man... I am more calm or quiet. So just let him talk. Now that I got home I am thinking wtf just happened and now I am getting pissed, since I see his true colors. like wtf. Seems like a difference in personalities where I am a type B and he is type A. Really competitive, type A gunner in college. The people that I tend to avoid in undergrad. Want to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 03:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Sounds like he was revealing some of his insecurities to you.

What "true colors" did you think YOU saw?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,752,495 times
I thought siblings/relatives always bickered and competed with each other like that. Especially when drinks are involved.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times
Does it bother you that your true colors are the same as his?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:37 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
You sound pretty high strung and competitive yourself with this post.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You sound pretty high strung and competitive yourself with this post.
how so? I mean I am kind of pissed because I am at a vulnerable stage in my life right now since I am pretty lost on what I want to do and he is basically kicking me while I am down.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
how so? I mean I am kind of pissed because I am at a vulnerable stage in my life right now since I am pretty lost on what I want to do and he is basically kicking me while I am down.
Is that what he was doing, or was he admitting to you that he felt like he could NOT compete with you back then and that his parents put pressure on him by comparing his efforts to yours???

Is there a chance you are being overly sensitive because you feel like "for once" you are not the one doing better (which it sounds like you always kept track of), so you're reading into his actions?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Does it bother you that your true colors are the same as his?
What makes you say that?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:44 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
Do you feel that was his intention or was he just relating his own side of things to you as they related to the topic of your conversations?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is that what he was doing, or was he admitting to you that he felt like he could NOT compete with you back then and that his parents put pressure on him by comparing his efforts to yours???

Is there a chance you are being overly sensitive because you feel like "for once" you are not the one doing better (which it sounds like you always kept track of), so you're reading into his actions?
Hmm I don't think that is accurate statement. I never really kept track of it nor did I even pay attention to him. Nor did I ever rub it in his face like he is doing it to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships