Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,775,771 times

Advertisements

I'd rather they would have a set and say it to my face. Then at least I'd have a good opportunity to answer that back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Matt, I've got news for you: I didn't like me back in those days!
Hey, OP; now you have two new neighbors who don't like you! (per your new thread) Ha ha.

...not funny, I guess. And no, that's not your fault. Just an unfortunate coincidence, or something.

Never mind...

Old 04-17-2017, 11:32 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,705,368 times
I would rather they just express it through their demeanor. I don't need to be told "I don't like you" ..... I can already tell whether u like me or not......and if someone were to tell me "I don't like you", how would I be expected to respond? Do I say "well, I don't like u either." or "why not? what can I do to make u like me?"...nah, I'm good, we don't need to discuss it, it's whatever.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:46 AM

866 posts, read 630,812 times
High, healthy self esteem and self love will allow you to laugh off or ignore brutal, ugly verbal attacks from others and NOT stoop to some kind of bar-room brawl over hurtful words. As a public performer, I've received a few ugly verbal attacks and self respect has carried me through although I sometimes consider what was said in case I need to examine my self. Perhaps a nasty, personal attack might contain some valuable feedback.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:56 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,712,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
A family member (by marriage) brags about their adult daughter all the time. I get tired of listening to this. Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to tell me she is better than me.!
They possibly might be. I would try to avoid this person if possible. I wouldn't deal well with that kind of passive-aggressive behavior.

I used to have a male friend who, every time I saw him, would make a point to tell me who he knew that was getting married. I barely knew some of these people he mentioned and didn't really care. I got this weird feeling he was just rubbing it in, that I wasn't married yet.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:58 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,712,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'd rather them just ignore me.

Telling someone you don't like them is unnecessary unless they ask. .
I would wonder why the person thinks I would care that they don't like me. To me, it's arrogant for them to believe anyone should be distraught because of it.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:58 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,348,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hey, OP; now you have two new neighbors who don't like you! (per your new thread) Ha ha.

...not funny, I guess. And no, that's not your fault. Just an unfortunate coincidence, or something.

Never mind...
I know right. LOL

Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,403,183 times
there a lot of people that dont like me, so I just go home and watch tv with the weiny dog

Old 04-17-2017, 01:47 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times
To be honest, the actions speak for themselves. ANy words uttered on their dislike is on them.

I currently have a boss that pretty much dislikes anyone of us at any given time. And she has no problem sharing her view with anyone other than that team member. Its rather disturbing to listen to her ....and when I do toss in a statement...it either gets her to regroup her attitude or understand that undermining a co worker probably isn't going to look good on her exit interview. I empathize with her angst in trying to control her staff....that must be daunting. If though she lightened up and realized that most of us are doing the best we can, she'd be less inclined to speak ill....

Funny thing about dislike....I know some folks that have valid reason to dislike my being.....and I'd humbly accept their disapproval....I'm not shy on my snafus in life.....

Old 04-17-2017, 02:51 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,736,876 times
I don't like it when people don't like me, but it's something I found I can't do much of anything about. It smarts a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships