Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:50 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times

Advertisements

In a last ditch effort I'd tell her kids, but it most likely won't do anything but **** her off at you. IMHO she's a grown woman and can do what she wants. If you don't like the life she is leading than don't be friends with her anymore. She obviously doesn't care what you think anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 12:04 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,734 times
As a person with a background in psychology, I'd say she is looking for affirmation she is still attractive. But in an unhealthy way. As her friend, you should try and show her better ways to achieve this. It could be going to yoga, dressing up sexy but not slutty and having a night out, just being there for her and telling her she's beautiful as is. But she sounds like she is getting into some questionable situations. That's not okay for a mature woman with children to look after. You can be there to help and support but at the end of the day... it's up to her. We all age, we all get old. Hold her hand and show her a positive way, that is being a true friend. If you value this friendship then you will endure it and give her the harsh truths. If she cannot accept them, walk away. She may need help that is beyond your means... if she cannot get it herself that's not your fault. Your life is your own. You deserve positive friends and if she is dragging you down you deserve it to yourself to leave the relationship. But give it the time it deserves. Miniskirts left me at 30. But now at 36 I feel sexier than I did at 20. It's all relative.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 06-13-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 06-13-2017, 09:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
As a person with a background in psychology, I'd say she is looking for affirmation she is still attractive. But in an unhealthy way. As her friend, you should try and show her better ways to achieve this. It could be going to yoga, dressing up sexy but not slutty and having a night out, just being there for her and telling her she's beautiful as is. But she sounds like she is getting into some questionable situations. That's not okay for a mature woman with children to look after. You can be there to help and support but at the end of the day... it's up to her. We all age, we all get old. Hold her hand and show her a positive way, that is being a true friend. If you value this friendship then you will endure it and give her the harsh truths. If she cannot accept them, walk away. She may need help that is beyond your means... if she cannot get it herself that's not your fault. Your life is your own. You deserve positive friends and if she is dragging you down you deserve it to yourself to leave the relationship. But give it the time it deserves. Miniskirts left me at 30. But now at 36 I feel sexier than I did at 20. It's all relative.
Well, for once and for all, today I did talk to her. As all here stated: her life, her decisions. I just said that I couldn't deal with this anymore. Take care! Got in my car and left with not another word.
She's been texting me several times - even called me. I ignored. "What's wrong?" "What's going on?" "Rick, why are you ignoring me?" I'm too old for the high school bull****!

I just need to break and socialize with other people!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:42 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Well, for once and for all, today I did talk to her. As all here stated: her life, her decisions. I just said that I couldn't deal with this anymore. Take care! Got in my car and left with not another word.
She's been texting me several times - even called me. I ignored. "What's wrong?" "What's going on?" "Rick, why are you ignoring me?" I'm too old for the high school bull****!

I bet that drama felt sooo good!

So now you're finally done with her?

Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

So now you're finally done with her?
Pretty much. And FYI, it doesn't feel good, but it is what it is.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:06 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
I applaud you for taking this route, most guys are far too weak to do it and mean it. I hope you don't slide back in and regale us with more of her silly 'I Need Attention' antics a couple weeks from now.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:03 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
He's not a friend though. He is a man who wants her romantically and is bitter that she goes with other men and doesn't want him. He's not the one to be "helping" her.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Pretty much. And FYI, it doesn't feel good, but it is what it is.
OK, so you can assure us that you will no longer be posting about her or your dramatic encounters with her and her ilk?

Please?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:59 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK, so you can assure us that you will no longer be posting about her or your dramatic encounters with her and her ilk?

Please?
Probably not while there is a contest going on.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:45 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:

You enjoy drama.

What you should have done is after your talk, just shrugged your shoulders and said "OK" and than just do the slow fade. If you really were done with her, but you don't want that.

You make a scene and leave with a dramatic exit, and you wonder why she is texting you?

You enjoy this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships