Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:10 AM

46 posts, read 96,802 times

Advertisements

Once I graduated high school, I never looked at those yearbooks. I graduated 8 years ago. Would probably be nice to remember people I went to school with, and maybe even some memories I had back then, but once you graduate it does not matter anymore. The real world sets in.

Also, you just don't care about them anymore unless you talked to them throughout high school. Then you still care about ones you talked to because you still hear from them for a while. Then sometime throughout freshmen year at college most fall of the face of the earth, and you only care about the ones you still hear from. Then eventually those people fall off the face of the earth whenever that is (likely throughout college).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 08:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Graduated over 50 yrs ago and recently looked at one because a friend mentioned someone we went to school with and I couldn't remember that person until I saw the photo.

I glanced at some of the notes friends wrote in the book and most just signed a first name and I have no idea who they were.

What was more interesting were the ads in the back of the yearbooks and remembering the businesses that are now long gone. A couple were for grocery stores and in the photos you can see some of the prices of the food items - oh, to have those prices now!

Old 06-18-2017, 08:34 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
I didn't even buy it and I graduated 5 years ago.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
It always amazes me at how those who put me down the most in high school, are the ones who have lived the worst lives. I dropped out January of my senior year in 87. (Long story) I immediately, as in within the hour, signed up for adult education, and had my diploma in hand a short 8 weeks later. I chose not to walk with the class. I see some of them from time to time, the ones who were suppose to be successful are the ones who the least successful. The "hot girls" are not so hot anymore, or are drunks and/or obese now. The guys with the fast cars are the same way. I feel sorry for them sometimes.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
My class graduated 64 years ago. Since that time, I have spoken to exactly two of the people in the class. One of them I ran into in the pharmacy and we spoke for about two minutes. He was the same bully he had been before we graduated. The other one I lost contact for 50 years and was able to reconnect by way of her son. We were best buds in HS and we now speak about once a month by phone. She refuses to have internet or email and since she still works every day !! on a computer I suppose I can understand.

Lost my yearbook in a flood but my friend (above) had an extra couple of copies (her father was on the school board) and she sent me one. It's on the shelf but I don't look at it often.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:07 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,591,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
I graduated from high school in 1996, and I haven't looked at my yearbooks in awhile. When I have gone through them, it mostly brings feelings like "I wonder what happened to this person", or "I remember thinking this guy was cute."
I also graduated in 1996. The only yearbook i got was from 10th grade. I graduated from a school that had only about 350 students 9-12th my graduating class was about 60. I see most of everyone from school on facebook not that i care. People add me from school but never reach out to me it's a just a site to showoff what people are doing in life and people to thumbs up baby pictures or events. I barely go on anymore.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:11 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,920,976 times
When I look at my HS yearbook I realize that my parents made a huge financial sacrifice to send me to school with one hell of a bunch of smart people.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Haven't looked at any of the yearbooks since college and I was the Editor-in-Chief my senior year. It's all in the past and I could care less about those people today. I've never gone to a reunion and have no plans to ever attend one. With Facebook, all of that became obsolete.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
I don't even know where it is. Nor do I care.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:58 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
My husband and I both graduated from the same high school class in 1965.
I remember laughing at the photos in my mother's yearbook, hairstyles being
different. Our own children thought our yearbook was funny, our grandchildren
will probably be laughing at our kid's yearbooks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships