Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 04:35 PM

21 posts, read 16,106 times

Advertisements

And if so why

I think when I was about 10 I did , me and my friends went around Christmas caroling for money , one neighbour didn't like it and complained to my parents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 05:44 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,836,684 times
Yes. One of my neighbors likes to burn their trash, which is against county regulations, it gives me a headache and makes my eyes water and my backyard is unusable because the breeze is always from her side to mine. There is really no good (legal) reason to burn stuff because garbage is p.u. once a week, cost included in taxes. She is Filipino so maybe it's cultural but I've known many Filipino's and none of them ever did this.

I asked her not to do it but she only stopped for a couple weeks and started again. So I got the county brochure stating it is illegal and put it in her door. Now she does not do it and does not speak to me. Fine with me as long as she doesn't burn crap.

Old 10-07-2017, 05:53 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
No, because I've never been that chummy w/ any to fall out w/. A simple hello in passing at times in this apt complex of mine & that's it.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:13 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
Have lived next door to neighbor for almost 30 years. Five years ago, eldest son was married in their backyard (a beautiful setting.) For months, I listened to wedding plans, and even freshened up my yard and adjoining driveway over the course of a couple of months, to make things pretty for the wedding. Neighbor asked if they could use our driveway to park a car for an elderly relative. I said sure, but we'd only have room for one, since both kids were back from college that weekend and they'd need space, too. They asked if they could store some stuff in our yard to make room for the ceremony site (lawn furniture). Sure. Helped them move it. I had even sent a wedding gift, because I had been this kid's next door neighbor for 25 years, and I was at a department store, looked up their registry, and congratulated myself for actually doing something ahead of time. Suddenly, two or three weeks before the wedding, I realized that we hadn't received an invitation. My daughter, who was in and out of their house constantly, mentioned that we hadn't received an an invitation, and there was suddenly silence -- apparently, we were not to be invited. It was not a small wedding, either -- 150 people. They suggested that we could watch from our deck, if we wanted to. Really? At that point, I was hurt, and tempted to let our dogs out in our backyard just about the time of the wedding ceremony, but decided to take the high road.

Day of the wedding: We had planned to leave before the wedding started, but when we opened the garage door about 15 minutes before the ceremony was to start, our driveway was FILLED with cars -- we couldn't even leave our house! As I watched, the off-duty officer directing traffic (100 cars on the street in a smallish neighborhood) directed ANOTHER car into my driveway. I walked down to the end of the drive, and asked him why he was directing cars to MY driveway. He sad, "Oh, Mrs ___ told me that the driveway was available for overflow!"

I was livid, and I guess I could have made a stink, delayed the wedding, and insisted that the party guests be found and forced to move their cars, but I didn't want to be "that" neighbor.

Yep, put that friendship on ice for a loooong time . . .

Old 10-07-2017, 09:38 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,033,973 times
Yeah my dad and the neighbor caty-corner across the street were in a falling out for most of my childhood. The neighbor got a dog and walked it to our front yard to do his morning duty every morning after he first got it. At the time we did not even have a dog and were one of the very few people on the street with out a gardener. We mowed the lawns ourselves with an push mower. So each week we had to clean up the dog poop before mowing that lawn. Dad told the neighbor--the man--to let his dog sh__ in his own yard.

The neighbor did not like how my dad talked to him. And the dog was now trained to sh__ in our front yard. So the man could then just let the dog out of his house and the dog promptly walked across the street and did his duty in our front yard, then he went home. The man stood at the front door, watching and waiting for the dog's return.

MY mom tried to talk to the neighbor's wife and asked that she just let the dog out into their fenced back yard, but she said that they did not want the sh__ in their back yard because their kids played there.

So dad solved the problem. He shot the dog in the butt with a bb gun. Neighbor hates all guns. He blew up. Got pain killer medication for the dog for 3 months. Called the police, who took a report and told the neighbor of the lease law. Told my dad to not use a 'real' gun on the dog, only bb. Told my dad he would have to pay for dog's treatment, but neighbor was a pharmacist and could not produce a vet bill/prescription for the dog, so dad never got the medicine bill after he asked for those documents and bills to pay all the bills at once.

Man kept the dog in the backyard after that.

Neighbor and my parents never talked to each other again. BUT problem solved, dog never sh__ in our yard again.

My dad always considered that a good deal. Neighbor thought pretty highly of himself, and dad never had to deal with him.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano9133 View Post
And if so why

I think when I was about 10 I did , me and my friends went around Christmas caroling for money , one neighbour didn't like it and complained to my parents
So all the neighbor did was complain?

Old 10-08-2017, 07:37 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
The neighbor's tiny dog chased my cat and my cat scratched the tiny dog. She hasn't spoken to me since except to repeat the following: 'I am afraid to let my dog off his leash because your cat scratched him. It was so close to his EYE. It could have been his EYE. He could have LOST his EYE'.

I love the tiny dog, and I'm sorry he got scratched, but she shouldn't have taught him to chase them. Everyone has told her that she is not supposed to have the dog off leash anyway to no avail.

PS the dog didn't seem to notice the scratch. It was kind of funny the way he went into the bushes, thinking of having some fun chasing a cat 3 feet, but it was the wrong cat. He came right back out like 'ruh-roh, that was a bad idea', but not whining or acting hurt in any way.

Lordy.

Last edited by jencam; 10-08-2017 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-08-2017, 07:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Have lived next door to neighbor for almost 30 years. Five years ago, eldest son was married in their backyard (a beautiful setting.) For months, I listened to wedding plans, and even freshened up my yard and adjoining driveway over the course of a couple of months, to make things pretty for the wedding. Neighbor asked if they could use our driveway to park a car for an elderly relative. I said sure, but we'd only have room for one, since both kids were back from college that weekend and they'd need space, too. They asked if they could store some stuff in our yard to make room for the ceremony site (lawn furniture). Sure. Helped them move it. I had even sent a wedding gift, because I had been this kid's next door neighbor for 25 years, and I was at a department store, looked up their registry, and congratulated myself for actually doing something ahead of time. Suddenly, two or three weeks before the wedding, I realized that we hadn't received an invitation. My daughter, who was in and out of their house constantly, mentioned that we hadn't received an an invitation, and there was suddenly silence -- apparently, we were not to be invited. It was not a small wedding, either -- 150 people. They suggested that we could watch from our deck, if we wanted to. Really? At that point, I was hurt, and tempted to let our dogs out in our backyard just about the time of the wedding ceremony, but decided to take the high road.

Day of the wedding: We had planned to leave before the wedding started, but when we opened the garage door about 15 minutes before the ceremony was to start, our driveway was FILLED with cars -- we couldn't even leave our house! As I watched, the off-duty officer directing traffic (100 cars on the street in a smallish neighborhood) directed ANOTHER car into my driveway. I walked down to the end of the drive, and asked him why he was directing cars to MY driveway. He sad, "Oh, Mrs ___ told me that the driveway was available for overflow!"

I was livid, and I guess I could have made a stink, delayed the wedding, and insisted that the party guests be found and forced to move their cars, but I didn't want to be "that" neighbor.

Yep, put that friendship on ice for a loooong time . . .
The high road sometimes hurts!! Congrats for still taking it.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:39 AM

19 posts, read 23,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
Yeah my dad and the neighbor caty-corner across the street were in a falling out for most of my childhood. The neighbor got a dog and walked it to our front yard to do his morning duty every morning after he first got it. At the time we did not even have a dog and were one of the very few people on the street with out a gardener. We mowed the lawns ourselves with an push mower. So each week we had to clean up the dog poop before mowing that lawn. Dad told the neighbor--the man--to let his dog sh__ in his own yard.

The neighbor did not like how my dad talked to him. And the dog was now trained to sh__ in our front yard. So the man could then just let the dog out of his house and the dog promptly walked across the street and did his duty in our front yard, then he went home. The man stood at the front door, watching and waiting for the dog's return.

MY mom tried to talk to the neighbor's wife and asked that she just let the dog out into their fenced back yard, but she said that they did not want the sh__ in their back yard because their kids played there.

So dad solved the problem. He shot the dog in the butt with a bb gun. Neighbor hates all guns. He blew up. Got pain killer medication for the dog for 3 months. Called the police, who took a report and told the neighbor of the lease law. Told my dad to not use a 'real' gun on the dog, only bb. Told my dad he would have to pay for dog's treatment, but neighbor was a pharmacist and could not produce a vet bill/prescription for the dog, so dad never got the medicine bill after he asked for those documents and bills to pay all the bills at once.

Neighbor and my parents never talked to each other again. BUT problem solved, dog never sh__ in our yard again.

My dad always considered that a good deal. Neighbor thought pretty highly of himself, and dad never had to deal with him.
There is no excuse for animal cruelty ever. It's the neighbors fault not the poor dog.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post

That is horrible. The dog wasn't at fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships