Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 01:48 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,360,802 times

Advertisements

Geez, a lot of judgemental attitudes coming from this thread. FTR, I rarely ever go to bars anymore. They're not fun anymore for me. I have other issues as well, night vision problems and yes, I do go to the doctor annually to monitor my eyesight which makes night driving difficult. I always have had a lot of anxiety about driving. Pills didn't help.

Some people are OCD about how clean their home is. My mom is one of those people. She gets neurotic about dirt and hair that I don't even notice on the floor and will vacuum/sweep the main floor of the house several times a day. My mom is anal retentive about the meals she eats and spends a lot of time preparing and cooking. I cook my own meals.

And for jobs...., I know Deafs who have college degrees who can't even find a job and stuck with a part-time minimum wage job. Many are underemployed. I never finished college and even when I did go, I struggled and gave up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 02:05 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Geez, a lot of judgemental attitudes coming from this thread. FTR, I rarely ever go to bars anymore. They're not fun anymore for me. I have other issues as well, night vision problems and yes, I do go to the doctor annually to monitor my eyesight which makes night driving difficult. I always have had a lot of anxiety about driving. Pills didn't help.

Some people are OCD about how clean their home is. My mom is one of those people. She gets neurotic about dirt and hair that I don't even notice on the floor and will vacuum/sweep the main floor of the house several times a day. My mom is anal retentive about the meals she eats and spends a lot of time preparing and cooking. I cook my own meals.

And for jobs...., I know Deafs who have college degrees who can't even find a job and stuck with a part-time minimum wage job. Many are underemployed. I never finished college and even when I did go, I struggled and gave up.
Thanks for confirming you don't have NF2.

Here's a tip.

You can still consider "advise" or "opinion" even if it makes you "feel" it's "judgmental".

Ask anybody who goes to AA.

At AA they say "Listen to all advise and discard what doesn't apply".

You wanted us to judge your mom. LOL.

You are not unique in that. Like I said you're getting on each others nerves by being on top of each other all the time every day.

You don't see cat hair? Well, as a mom, I don't have sympathy for that either. Like when I watched a girl with THREE YOUNG KIDS living at her mothers, go fill up a bottle AT the fridge with MILK, drip it all over the floor and leave it there.

Will-full blindness.

Sorry you can't see through the emotions of getting your feelings hurt to the actual advise and worldly experience that was stated/shared. *shrug

Fighting with your mother is NOTHING and not even a flea on a dog compared to your actual challenges and responsibility of setting up your future to be a successful individual in this world.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:41 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Here's the thing about me owning my own home:

I get to keep it how I like it.

One persons anal retentive, is another's slob.

My house, my rules.

Dog hair is not an accessory.

Everyone has a right to be picky about what they eat, especially in their own home.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-13-2018, 02:56 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Yes, people with issues and challenges should become wards of the state. All of them. Because some of them might fail, none must try.

OP, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Last edited by zentropa; 02-13-2018 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships