Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 03:23 PM

45 posts, read 21,575 times

Advertisements

my parents suck tbh my mom even more than my dad my dad is a good person and he's usually way nicer than my mom he just has serious mental health issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're only seeing this situation through you own perspective, where you're the hero of this story. If these people are taking advantage of you and not reciprocating friendship, then they're not your friends. If your online pen pal doesn't want to talk to you anymore, she's not your friend. It sucks, sure, but it frees you up to find people who actually do want you in their lives. You're young. It's summer. Go out and volunteer somewhere or sign up for an activity.
look i'm not saying i'm the hero or that I'm some Saint all i'm saying is that i always try so hard to be nice and to make everybody happy and yet nobody seems to care about me. i deserve the love i keep on trying to give everyone else and i know i do. and i don't think it's egotistical of me to say that

Old 07-21-2018, 03:27 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,399,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny.29 View Post
Hey guys:

Not sure how this website works but i need some help and i'm too embarrassed to talk to my parents or anyone else about this. I need some serious help tho so here goes.
A couple of months ago I was on VSCO and I came across these really cool photos that impressed me. So I texted the girl who posted them and told her she's really talented, etc. and she replied and said thanks and that i'm rly nice and sweet etc. Long story short, we started talking some more and got closer and I started realizing that she's one of the coolest people i've talked to, even though we haven't met in person. Like she'd text me and when I'd see the notification on my phone i'd get all excited and start smiling.
The annoying thing is that sometimes she won't reply to me and will willingly ignore me for days, even though i know she's on her phone. Like we had a streak on snapchat and now that's gone because she didn't send me a pic, she hasn't replied to any of my texts and yet i know she's online because she always likes stuff on instagram and it says "active now" a lot.
I know I sound clingy and sorta obsessed but tbh i'm just really upset because i've gotten attached and i really enjoy talking to her and when she doesn't text me, it's literally all i can think about and it can ruin my entire day. it's even made me cry.
I just wish she'd text me back or at least tell me to leave her the f alone, at least that way i'd get closure.
I'm just really sad how hard can it be to text someone back? do i seriously not mean anything to her?
Anyway this whole thing is making me feel really awful and it's ruining my fleeting summer vacation so if anyone has any advice or recommendations that'd be great

thanks guys
-Jenny

Maybe she didn't send you a pic or contact you because she isn't really who she says she is or she doesn't want to go further with an online relationship or maybe she moved on. Perhaps you can find another friend online. Or find a flesh and blood, face to face friend.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:34 PM

102,242 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Maybe she didn't send you a pic or contact you because she isn't really who she says she is or she doesn't want to go further with an online relationship or maybe she moved on. Perhaps you can find another friend online. Or find a flesh and blood, face to face friend.
I was thinking along those lines too.... OP, what do you know about this girl? Maybe she has a life, and is busy with friends. Maybe she's taking advanced photography classes, and is busy. Maybe she's a semi-professional photog, and has shows to prepare for. Do you know how old she is? (As much as we can know anything for sure, from an anonymous person online...).

You got attached, partly because she was a bright spot in your day/week/life, and now that little bright spot is gone, at least temporarily. See if you can think of other things to fill that void in your life. Are there activities in your community you can get involved in? Parks Dept. activities, or community center projects, or free dance nights, like once a week folk dancing or swing dancing, or classes to take in something that interests you? Is there a local community college, that offers classes in various creative things, to people in the community (non-credit programs)?

It sounds like you need a real friend, not just people to hang out with and have fun with.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was thinking along those lines too.... OP, what do you know about this girl? Maybe she has a life, and is busy with friends. Maybe she's taking advanced photography classes, and is busy. Maybe she's a semi-professional photog, and has shows to prepare for. Do you know how old she is? (As much as we can know anything for sure, from an anonymous person online...).

You got attached, partly because she was a bright spot in your day/week/life, and now that little bright spot is gone, at least temporarily. See if you can think of other things to fill that void in your life. Are there activities in your community you can get involved in? Parks Dept. activities, or community center projects, or free dance nights, like once a week folk dancing or swing dancing, or classes to take in something that interests you? Is there a local community college, that offers classes in various creative things, to people in the community (non-credit programs)?

It sounds like you need a real friend, not just people to hang out with and have fun with.
ya my dad keeps on telling me to do stuff like that but i'm really not in the mood all i want to do is to text my friend. seriously i'm so hurt by this my chest is throbbing like do u know that feeling where you're so upset u can feel ur heart hurting

Old 07-21-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

also she's my age. it's kind of obvious she is who she says she is you can tell by the pics she sends and the people who follow her on instagram and the comments she gets on her photos. it's just obvious. she's always busy with friends it makes me embarrassed and jealous. do u think this whole "not replying" thing is temporary? maybe in a couple of days she'll wanna talk to me again?

Old 07-21-2018, 04:14 PM

125 posts, read 64,514 times
Quote:
do u think this whole "not replying" thing is temporary? maybe in a couple of days she'll wanna talk to me again?
No.

You should Google "how to stop obsessive thinking." You are very much obsessing over her, and it's not good for you. You really don't know her. You have imagined what you think she's like, and you're idealizing her.

You need to work hard to stop thinking about her. She represents a way to escape the pain and boredom in your life, but it's a crutch.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:42 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,593,341 times
Remember, OP, that there are always people in the lives of you and others who will disappoint at times. It is happening to you and it DOES happen to others. People severe and end friendships and relationships, disappear, ghost one without explanation, drift away, do not follow through, make promise or suggestions or dates and then do not carry them out, do not listen to or ignore another person, stop writing, stop calling - all disappointments - but just remember it is a part of life - for most everyone.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:15 PM

16,428 posts, read 12,549,337 times
Quote:
ya my dad keeps on telling me to do stuff like that but i'm really not in the mood all i want to do is to text my friend. seriously i'm so hurt by this my chest is throbbing like do u know that feeling where you're so upset u can feel ur heart hurting

That could be a manifestation of anxiety. Given your father's history of mental illness, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that you could be dealing with your own depression and/or anxiety. I would suggest asking your parents if they could help you find a counselor that you can talk to. Even if you aren't experiencing clinical depression/anxiety, it couldn't hurt to find someone to help you work through how to develop healthy relationships.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:28 PM

263 posts, read 231,275 times
going to offer a different take here

i for example have a bunch of friends who i have spent time with IRL and keep in touch with online for various reasons, such as that they live on other continents or in different cities just very busy with our own stuff

I've logged on to WhatsApp or Facebook messenger so 'they' see I'm online but maybe i don't immediately respond to their message or time passes and I forget, etc etc

and I have been on the opposite side of it too where I feel as if someone has blown me off but one month or however long later they get back to me and x y or z was the reason not 'telling me without words they are not interested' that is not always the case

just something else to consider remember people have things going on and it may not be a personal thing against you, even if they are 'online now'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships