Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,422,207 times

Advertisements

There is this woman - a friend of a friend - I invited to dinner, along with my friend. I phoned her a couple times in a week. She said she'd return my phone call and never did. Anyway, she said she'd come to dinner, then did not even bother to personally call me to tell me she couldn't make it. She made up some excuse to my friend about her car not working. My friend offered to go pick her up and she said no. I have to see this person on Thanksgiving. I am miffed. Would you say anything or just let it go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
There is this woman - a friend of a friend - I invited to dinner, along with my friend. I phoned her a couple times in a week. She said she'd return my phone call and never did. Anyway, she said she'd come to dinner, then did not even bother to personally call me to tell me she couldn't make it. She made up some excuse to my friend about her car not working. My friend offered to go pick her up and she said no. I have to see this person on Thanksgiving. I am miffed. Would you say anything or just let it go?
Let it go! It's nice that you extended the invitation but she obviously doesn't want to be friends, it happens. Not every person we think we might like to get to know wants to get to know us.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:28 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,492,192 times
I wouldn't bother, but I wouldn't acknowledge her outside of a cordial hello on Thanksgiving.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM

Yeah, I just guess I'll let it go. Still, I think it was very rude of her to not call me and say something like, "sorry, I can't make it today, but thanks for the invite."

Now I just don't like her, but the truth is she probably feels more awkward at this point than I do.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,865,009 times
Quote:
Yeah, I just guess I'll let it go. Still, I think it was very rude of her to not call me and say something like, "sorry, I can't make it today, but thanks for the invite."

Now I just don't like her, but the truth is she probably feels more awkward at this point than I do.
Yes, so now you have the powah. Smile your best smile when you see her on Thanksgiving and say,"Hey! What happened to you? I never heard from you!"

And don't let it bother you any longer. Life is too short to be wondering about people with bad manners.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,362,967 times
Quote:

not to sound harsh, but either she:

- doesn't need more friends
- doesn't like you
- she is busy but thinks no bond was developed.

I guess making friends is hard, but with work it can pay off.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM

37,042 posts, read 41,972,100 times
Quote:

Or not. Perhaps she doesn't think about things the same way you do. Where you have thought about it so much you posted on a forum about it, she may not have even thought about it at all. Maybe she has other things taking up headspace and this sort of thing doesn't register. Just consider that there are things going on in peoples live that you will never know about and act accordingly.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Or not. Perhaps she doesn't think about things the same way you do. Where you have thought about it so much you posted on a forum about it, she may not have even thought about it at all. Maybe she has other things taking up headspace and this sort of thing doesn't register. Just consider that there are things going on in peoples live that you will never know about and act accordingly.
I don't know. I could just as well post the checkout girl at the grocery store was rude to me and what is wrong with some people?! Registers about as much as that. I just wish I didn't have to see her again.

Truth is, from what I know I don't think much of her. She does not work and keeps some guy around just for financial reasons. She doesn't even sleep with him. I don't think too highly of her but it's an irritant.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:22 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,354,269 times
Quote:
I don't know. I could just as well post the checkout girl at the grocery store was rude to me and what is wrong with some people?! Registers about as much as that. I just wish I didn't have to see her again.

Truth is, from what I know I don't think much of her. She does not work and keeps some guy around just for financial reasons. She doesn't even sleep with him. I don't think too highly of her but it's an irritant.

Then why did you invite her to dinner???

Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,445,996 times
Quote:

Your mad at someone you invited for dinner and never liked to begin with,
put some perspective and logic there, no big loss, right?
Smile say hello and enjoy your Thanksgiving, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships