Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:15 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Then why did you invite her to dinner???
A friend of a friend sort of thing. I didn't realize I didn't like her so much until her rudeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
And now this will be your weapon to use against her

Spiteful much?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post

Spiteful much?
I'm hearing jinglebells in the distance...and it ain't christmas

Old 11-19-2009, 10:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I'm hearing jinglebells in the distance...and it ain't christmas
Lmao,

Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I don't know. I could just as well post the checkout girl at the grocery store was rude to me and what is wrong with some people?! Registers about as much as that. I just wish I didn't have to see her again.

Truth is, from what I know I don't think much of her. She does not work and keeps some guy around just for financial reasons. She doesn't even sleep with him. I don't think too highly of her but it's an irritant.
And her not sleeping with him is bad because...? I dunno, I would think worse of her if she was keeping him around for financial reasons and sleeping with him as a means to "repay." But that's just me

You don't care for the woman and she blew off you and your mutual friend. Not worth wasting your energy on someone like that. When you see her on Thanksgiving be pleasant and be thankful for the good friends you do have....

Old 11-20-2009, 01:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:

Spiteful much?
Yes.....see below

Quote:
I don't know. I could just as well post the checkout girl at the grocery store was rude to me and what is wrong with some people?! Registers about as much as that. I just wish I didn't have to see her again.

Truth is, from what I know I don't think much of her. She does not work and keeps some guy around just for financial reasons. She doesn't even sleep with him. I don't think too highly of her but it's an irritant.
Ordinarily I'd let something like this fly by, but who are you to judge another's relationship with relationships like this of your own? Possibly she found out about YOU and doesn't think so hightly of you. Can I get in trouble for sending something to someone's workplace against their wishes?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
I don't get this thread, in honesty.

ok, so somebody blanked you, and hence did not respond. is it worth feeling offended at this?

friendships take time to build, especially in adulthood. as kids, we could readily accept somebody as close friends without much effort. i think as we get older though, our greater maturity leads us to feel others should prove their trustworthiness to us.

I get the feeling she doesn't really care, since she holds no tie to you. I don't think we should be in losing positions in life.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
It's not even YOUR friend, it's a friend of a friend, if they don't show up, who cares? Was it rude to be invited, accept and then not show? Sure, it was rude but here again, if this isn't someone you are around all the time and know well, you can't possibly predict their behavior.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:10 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:

Spiteful much?
Huh? I don't follow. She really isn't that important at all, but it's not every day I run into someone like this.

Something else that bugs me - we both belong to this same women's group. She took it upon herself to create these T-Shirts we are supposed to buy for $25? Check made payable to her? Then she flips things and says check made payable to women's group, although the flyer says check made payable to her? It doesn't pass the smell test. Oh well, there are all kinds of people out there. I just don't buy a T-Shirt. Shrug.

I really like my friend. It's just I am not sure I should associate with my friend's friends, which makes things tricky.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Huh? I don't follow. She really isn't that important at all, but it's not every day I run into someone like this.

Something else that bugs me - we both belong to this same women's group. She took it upon herself to create these T-Shirts we are supposed to buy for $25? Check made payable to her? Then she flips things and says check made payable to women's group, although the flyer says check made payable to her? It doesn't pass the smell test. Oh well, there are all kinds of people out there. I just don't buy a T-Shirt. Shrug.

I really like my friend. It's just I am not sure I should associate with my friend's friends, which makes things tricky.
Did you ask this woman directly where the funds were going and whom the check should be made out to?

She may very well have good intentions, just didn't know how to run the money aspect of it.

Do you trust your friend's judgements when it comes to friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships