Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:29 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

One of my best friends has game night every Sat. The last few month or so there has been a new person at game night. I have many gays friends male/female. It turns out that this guy is gay for the past few weeks he's been making sure that I know I he is NOT intrested in me by insulting me in front of my friends. For those who don't know me I am straight. I let it slide the first couple of times. The person who has game night at her place told the guy that he needs to stop it or I'm going to punch him in the mouth. Out of respect for my friend & the fact that it is her place I kept my mouth shut. The old me would of broke his nose in front of everyone not respecting my friends house. The question is how do I handle this without punching this guy in the mouth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
people that do stuff like that usually don't stop until you punch them in the mouth. some people do not comprehend anything else.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Some people are just jerks. However - violence is NEVER the answer. Try not to let him get to you. Is there some reason that he is picking on you? I'm trying to understand why he is making such a big deal out of letting you know he's not interested in you. How is he insulting you?

Could you shoot him an email or a phone call or something and just let him know that game night is supposed to be fun - and he's making it suck for you and could he just lay off. That you'd like to just get along and have a great time and there is no need to insult you. Is that a possibility?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
people that do stuff like that usually don't stop until you punch them in the mouth. some people do not comprehend anything else.

I'm not sure how my friend would handle it punching this guy out at her place. Nor do I really want to in all honesty. I don't want to cause a rift in our friendship or see my other friends see what I used to be.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:38 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
I think he wants your body.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:41 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
What's wrong with your friends that they are letting him put you down in front of them? And your friend who allows him to continue to show up and act a fool?

Those are the friends I'd be looking at a little closer....but punching him out proves nothing except that you can. Perhaps you could just say "Dude, we ain't battin' for the same team - I ain't interested in you either" (maybe with a little more class than that).

Honestly, if he's new to the group and doesn't fit, he'll be gone soon enough - everyone will figure out he's a total jerk and that will be that. You can take the high road or reduce yourself to bloodletting. Show some class - he surely isn't.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Attached Thumbnails
How should I handle a friend of a friend?-high-five.jpg  

Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm not sure how my friend would handle it punching this guy out at her place. Nor do I really want to in all honesty. I don't want to cause a rift in our friendship or see my other friends see what I used to be.

Well handle it however you like but the non violent flower children types are usually the ones who get the sh*t end the stick repeatedly. I use to be like that but sometimes you need to fight fire with fire because as I said before some people do not comprehend anything else.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well handle it however you like but the non violent flower children types are usually the ones who get the sh*t end the stick repeatedly. I use to be like that but sometimes you need to fight fire with fire because as I said before some people do not comprehend anything else.
Actually, the non-violent ones are the ones that stay out of jail and keep their friends. As for the people that can't comprehend anything else but violence - those are the people that you cut out of your life - not that you hurt physically.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Some people are just jerks. However - violence is NEVER the answer. Try not to let him get to you. Is there some reason that he is picking on you? I'm trying to understand why he is making such a big deal out of letting you know he's not interested in you. How is he insulting you?

Could you shoot him an email or a phone call or something and just let him know that game night is supposed to be fun - and he's making it suck for you and could he just lay off. That you'd like to just get along and have a great time and there is no need to insult you. Is that a possibility?

With my group of friends we all take little jabs at each other when someone does or says something moronic. I think most do this & it's all in fun we laugh & no one gets thier feelings hurt. I've lost A LOT of weight in the past year & still have some more to go. Someone mentioned the orange shirt he was wearing, some how he looked at me & said "Hey your a really big guy you would look good as a pumpkin. I thought about scaring the hell out of him I could step on this guy easy enough. So he might maybe he would get the clue. He has made other insults her & there about my looks as well those don't bother me as much as the weight jokes. I dont have his phone number I do have him on FB though. There are night where he is Ok there are other nights where other people have a problem with him as well. He's been a good friend to the person who holds the game night, so it's a touchy subject while he isn't considered her best friend like myself & some others he is still a friend to her. There in lies the problem. She did tell me that I should of said something to him at that point I was in no mood to even look at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships