Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 07:09 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,834,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Why is anyone answering this post seriously? We don't even know who was fussing (cashiers? customers? the cast of Hee-Haw?), or why (because he cut in front? because he went to the express lane?). And it's a bogus question to begin with.
I get your point. It's probably because we've all experienced similar on Black Friday or other times on busy shopping days. Yes it was probably a trolling, stir the pot post but observe the backers coming to his/her defense. It's no wonder shopping can be a miserable experience, especially in the big box or "mart" stores, especially during this holiday season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 07:19 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Only someone looking for drama would go to a Walmart on a Black Friday. I don't even recognize this society anymore. They showed a scene on You tube of people going nuts over a bunch of clothing from a popular chain, people getting into fights over junk. It disgusts me, that is not the society I want to participate in. I am fortunate to be single and not have to gift a ton of people like I used to, but under no circumstances do I shop in those places and never on Black Friday, no way. No Walmart, they are boycott from my life. If I'm traveling and in some small town where Walmart is litteraly the only store in town, I'll use it and pay cash only. I don't even have TV at home, or cable, and, I'm going to disconnect the internet now as well. There is no reason to be paying for access to the internet when I have free wifi all around me if I leave the house. No Amazon, no Whole Foods, and I doubt I'll buy Apple again. I've started to fight back and put my money where my mouth is. Ditching Att will feel great. I shop at thrift stores and here is the kicker. Last time, all the xmas light were gone, I use them as cafe lights year round. I stop in a couple of thrift shops and find all new, unused lights for a buck fity each!! I just don't do the consumer thing anymore. For 10 bucks I came home with bags full of brand new lights, and no mobs of people.

I think the OP was a better troll.

Really? Railing against consumerism, then going out and buying bags full of stuff?

Old 11-24-2018, 08:14 AM

666 posts, read 643,038 times
Going to Walmart on Black Friday is fine, promise. All the crazy shopping and "deals" happen on Thanksgiving Day/maybe very early Friday morning now. I also went on Black Friday, early afternoon, store was nearly deserted and I got what I needed (including *gasp* groceries) quickly and easily. Looking for drama... Lol.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:24 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Going to Walmart on Black Friday is fine, promise. All the crazy shopping and "deals" happen on Thanksgiving Day/maybe very early Friday morning now. I also went on Black Friday, early afternoon, store was nearly deserted and I got what I needed (including *gasp* groceries) quickly and easily. Looking for drama... Lol.
Yup. I went to get some groceries and pick up my prescription around 11 AM. I told myself that if it was awful I would leave. Turned out they had so many extra employees and not that many extra customers, that I got out much more quickly than usual.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:31 AM

20,651 posts, read 4,425,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojut76 View Post
I decided to grocery shopping. While I was getting one last thing an
employee opened up a registered I quickly got over there and people were fussing about me having
a oversized cart of groceries. So I decided to unload them slowly.

Was I in the wrong?
Groceries vs Black Friday Crap? Groceries for the win.

Every year people get sucked in more and more. We don't need all this crap. Do you really need a brand new phone, and tv every year? The latest is not always the greatest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If you got the lane fairly, and the other people were too busy not paying
attention that they missed it, then they shouldn't have gotten upset.
Exactly. I've had times when I had loaded grocery carts. Someone with only a couple items wanted to cut in
front of me. I'm a decent guy and will let you cut if you ask. But if you have a hissy fit about having to wait, no dice.

My time is as important as yours.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:37 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would have done the same thing you did. Serves them right.

If they don't like waiting, they can get in another check out lane.
LOL, you would've cut in line in front of other people that were there first?

I usually see the new cashier telling the next customers in line to come over to their register, which seems like the polite, grown up way to handle things.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:14 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
I decided to grocery shopping. While I was getting one last thing an employee opened up a registered I quickly got over there and people were fussing about me having a oversized cart of groceries. So I decided to unload them slowly.

Was I in the wrong?
Yes you were. *******s do things like that. Plus Wal-Mart emoyees and customers move slowly enough as it is, why would you make it worse? And why would you do your grocery shopping on Black Friday anyway?

Old 11-24-2018, 09:49 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
I decided to grocery shopping. While I was getting one last thing an employee opened up a registered I quickly got over there and people were fussing about me having a oversized cart of groceries. So I decided to unload them slowly.

Was I in the wrong?
Why would you want to be purposely an *******? an already stressful day, you tried to add to peoples anxiety because you felt they were fussing? Wow. Just wow.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:57 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It sounds like you cut in front of other people. Usually stores have fairly strict etiquette about a new register opening: They choose the next person in line at an adjacent register. I guess you weren't that person.

Sounds like the cashier failed to do so. In the absence of such direction, it can be frustrating when checkout lane lotto goes the wrong way and someone waltzes right up to a newly opened lane when you've been standing there in line for ten minutes already. But it isn't the other person's fault. As far as luck goes, this is a pretty trivial thing to worry about.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:37 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I've never seen a Wal-Mart cashier try to figure out who has been waiting longest. It's just a mad dash to be first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships