Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 08:38 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times

Advertisements

Well I did see a therapist about it before, and he said to make the movie. I can go back if I should. But why is that people say I fantasize about making movies and don't do anything else? Just tonight, I just got back from going over a short film I made with the music composer, so I feel like I am doing more than just fantasizing, am I not?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well I did see a therapist about it before, and he said to make the movie. I can go back if I should. But why is that people say I fantasize about making movies and don't do anything else? Just tonight, I just got back from going over a short film I made with the music composer, so I feel like I am doing more than just fantasizing, am I not?
Maybe. Could be busywork so you can say you're being a filmmaker. We have no idea.

It doesn't matter. Seeing a therapist one time doesn't count. You have serious issues that need extended therapy.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:45 PM

Yes I am going to go therapy for that.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Ironpony, you do realise the cost of making a motion picture? What you can save will not make one the general public would pay to see.

It also needs to be released to cinemas all over the country. Who do you think is going to do that?

Where are you going to get the actors to appear in your film, and how are you going to pay them?

Please listen to your parents.
Wait, hold on! He said he wants to be a film director, not a film producer.

If he's taking courses in cinematography, as well as learning the trade, he should do OK, but OP, you're going to have to probably work your way up - maybe become an AD (assistant director) or 2nd AD before finally reaching the top at full-fledged director. Now as far as paying actors, etc. that's the producer's responsibility - the producer owns the project. I've dealt (and still deal) with the entertainment industry, as a voice over, and have some knowledge of how it works. I'm not gonna say that you'll be the next Scorsese or Spielberg, but if this is your ambition, follow it. Hell, Walt Disney's own parents wanted to have him committed to a mental institution! Had such happened, there'd be no Mickey Mouse!

OP, keep pursuing your passion. Forget what your parents think!

Old 11-28-2018, 08:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Yes I am going to go therapy for that.
I don't believe you.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:47 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Well what I did with her was make verbal requests during foreplay and sex when I was dirty talking, which got her self conscious and made her feel uncomfortable and upset, which I completely did not mean to, it was not my intention to push her into being uncomfortable. But I didn't think that verbal requests were that bad, if they are, then I take full responsibility.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that you didn't stop after she started crying. And didn't you make her cry multiple times?

OP, that's unacceptable. If you do something that causes your girlfriend to cry (or she says she's uncomfortable), you need to stop immediately and not do it again. No exceptions. And it doesn't matter if it's just a verbal request.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:29 PM

She cried twice saying she felt she wasn't good enough to satisfy me she felt, or that I made her too self-conscious.

I don't remember saying I didn't stop, but I cannot find what I said exactly, so I don't know my exact wording to figure out what you may mean. I remember making her feel too self-conscious accidentally, making her cry both times, but didn't mean to, I was just trying to sexually awaken her more, in a good way, and that was my intention.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:34 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Yep I can do it, and if I don't get a high enough paying job, than I can come back, and it's better than nothing. How is keeping that money for the feature counter to getting into the industry though, as long as I could get other jobs in the industry?
It's not. I was saying that chucking the whole idea if you can't support yourself and continue ADDING to your savings for the feature is counter-productive. I get that is the ultimate goal, but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face to not go and learn and work in the industry where it's happening.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Wait, hold on! He said he wants to be a film director, not a film producer.

If he's taking courses in cinematography, as well as learning the trade, he should do OK, but OP, you're going to have to probably work your way up - maybe become an AD (assistant director) or 2nd AD before finally reaching the top at full-fledged director. Now as far as paying actors, etc. that's the producer's responsibility - the producer owns the project. I've dealt (and still deal) with the entertainment industry, as a voice over, and have some knowledge of how it works. I'm not gonna say that you'll be the next Scorsese or Spielberg, but if this is your ambition, follow it. Hell, Walt Disney's own parents wanted to have him committed to a mental institution! Had such happened, there'd be no Mickey Mouse!

OP, keep pursuing your passion. Forget what your parents think!
Lol. I'm guessing you don't know the history here.

OP lives at home with his parents so ya....he needs to care what they think.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He didn't do anything mean to make her cry. She felt stressed and some other issues of her own.
Absolutely wrong. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Umm...

He was asking her to do sexual stuff she wasn't comfortable with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
He pushed her beyond what she was comfortable with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships