Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 07:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,849 times

Advertisements

I have posted about this particular fair weather friend before. In the past 6 months she has cancelled plans that we have made. The other day, her picture popped up on social media and I told her I missed her and she said that we need to get together very soon. I told her that I was coming into to town this weekend and she just liked the comment. Never tried to follow up.

I feel like a doormat. I really want to want to tell her how crappy of a friend she has been and then tell her boyfriend that she cheated on him, but the Lord wouldn't like that...so I'm asking you guys what is the best way to handle it.

AND THEN...with a different friend-we signed up for this 12 week class for running and on our first jog meet, she brought a new guy that she was seeing barely spoke to me. I didn't mind that she brought him, but I did mind that we signed up together to do it and she didn't have time for me.

I don't know what to do about these girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
The first one isn’t s true friend. Let her go. If she makes plans and you want to go, go. Don’t let her walk all over you.

The second friend brought a guy. She’s one of those girls that puts men before friends. Accept the behavior or don’t tolerate it.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:14 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,534,821 times
A simple way of approaching this is to weigh whether these relationships are causing you more harm than good. If they are never contact those girls again and move on with your life. Life's too short to be in relationships you don't want. Never mind what the lord says. He doesn't have to live your life.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,873,766 times
Broaden your social horizon. There are good friends, bad friends, and mediocre friends. Eventually you weed out the bad ones, and accept the mediocre ones but limit what you do with them. These kind of friends make you very grateful when you find a good friend.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
Yeah, get out of denial about these so-called "friends," and be open to meeting new people.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:50 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
The first one isn't a friend. When someone never initiates contact or follows through when you initiate contact, they don't consider you a friend. Get out and meet some new friends through classes, hobbies, meetup, church, volunteering, etc. GOOD LUCK!!

Old 01-17-2019, 08:59 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
I'm sure you've been told in past threads that this is not a friend and you should cut ties. I'll never understand you people who are so needy and desperate for companionship that you'll put up with obvious mistreatment, hoping someone will eventually give you that pat on the back.

It's sad, really. Get better friends. Get ACTUAL friends, even.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:23 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,374,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post

I feel like a doormat. I really want to want to tell her how crappy of a friend she has been and then tell her boyfriend that she cheated on him, but the Lord wouldn't like that...so I'm asking you guys what is the best way to handle it.
Lord who? Lord Grantham? Doesn't matter. The best way to handle this is to unfriend this person and make new friends who want to spend time with you. If you have to beg for their attention, they aren't really friends and aren't worthy of your time.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 AM

666 posts, read 643,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I have posted about this particular fair weather friend before. In the past 6 months she has cancelled plans that we have made. The other day, her picture popped up on social media and I told her I missed her and she said that we need to get together very soon. I told her that I was coming into to town this weekend and she just liked the comment. Never tried to follow up.

I feel like a doormat. I really want to want to tell her how crappy of a friend she has been and then tell her boyfriend that she cheated on him,but the Lord wouldn't like that...so I'm asking you guys what is the best way to handle it.
I'd just fade out and move on from this one. Not because of "the Lord" but because it's just not worth it, and meddling with the boyfriend would not be the right thing to do.

Old 01-18-2019, 01:36 AM

323 posts, read 219,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I'm sure you've been told in past threads that this is not a friend and you should cut ties. I'll never understand you people who are so needy and desperate for companionship that you'll put up with obvious mistreatment, hoping someone will eventually give you that pat on the back.

It's sad, really. Get better friends. Get ACTUAL friends, even.
Wow harsh...why do you see it as desperate??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships