Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:17 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,218,289 times

Advertisements

I had a friend like this. She just has to pick fights and win them at any cost. Made her first husband crazy waking him up in the middle of the night to fight about something because she couldn’t sleep. Divorced him, met another guy. Had a kid and made her kid her new target and that turned out horribly, including me threatening to call the police on her for her kid. She was just hell bent on drama, loved the thrill of the win, talked a hundred miles a minute. She has finally alienated all of her kids and all of her siblings. Unbelievable.

You are well done being rid of your supposed friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 12:56 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Several years ago, I had a friend that I THOUGHT was a real friend, as opposed to just 'online' friend. Well, something happened, and this friend thought what had happened was my fault. (It wasn't.) So this friend unfriended me on facebook. Actually, she unfriended a wide swath of us. We were forum friends, but most of us were St. Louis oriented...and knew and met each other in real life.

Eventually, she refriended everyone but me. I found it hurtful. Well, plenty of years have gone by...and last week she sent me a friend request. I thought about ignoring it...but curiosity I guess.

Guess what? She's as drama prone as she ever was. It would seem I haven't actually missed much at all. I haven't interacted with her as of yet. Just watching and observing. In a way, it feels like it hasn't been years...because all the drama is the same. Kind of gave me some clarity, and made me realize I didn't really miss anything.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:49 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Gee, this brings back painful memories. I had a longtime friend that decided to ramp up our relationship after a failed marriage and a falling out with her former best friend. I began to notice that she had developed a more intense and controlling side to her personality (not to mention a drinking problem), but I felt a sense of loyalty and continued to lend her a sympathetic ear. She took an immediate liking to my mother when she met her, and began to cultivate a friendship with her as well (she admitted to having a difficult relationship with her own mother). Over time, I began to feel like she was trying to 'appropriate' my mother, but dismissed the feeling as immature.
Fast forward a couple of years. I began to sense that something was making my mother anxious and that there was something she was holding back from me. She finally conceded that my 'friend' was drunk-dialing her on a regular basis and reporting on my personal life apart from her. She liked to go into particular detail about my sex life, and said that the reason she was sharing this with Mom was because she felt that I was wrong to not share all of these intimate details myself. I had never felt that betrayed in my life.
I was furious. I immediately called her and tore her apart; I demanded that she stay away from my mother and myself, and permanently. She was shocked and absolutely could not see anything wrong with her actions; it was me that was in the wrong.
A couple of years passes, and she calls me out of the blue. She wants my forgiveness, but still insists that she did nothing wrong. I told her that I did forgive her, but our friendship was not going to resume. I never heard from her again.

No regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships