Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 05:39 PM

213 posts, read 132,305 times

Advertisements

So I've a friend (M,32) who's been seeing this woman (F,28) for a few years now. Me and a couple other friends have been suspecting his girlfriend's been cheating because she spends A LOT of time with one of his single (and generically attractive) male friends, but he thinks nothing of it. She's always bragging about the time she spends with him and he does the same. I get that I don't know the guy too well but I'll judge as I please tyvm.
He told all of us that he was "jealous" he wasn't home with them while his girl and his best friend were alone at the house swimming together. I was a lil shocked because I don't trust anyone like that. Like it's fine if my friends or neighbors wanted to stop by for a bit once in a while but not some guy who's there all the damn time. I don't know who wouldn't suspect anything.

His mom and us have been trying to warn him to not get involved w/ her but he went ahead and got engaged and had kids (2 in addition to the 4 she already had) w/ her so now what?

It's really no big deal to me, I'm just wondering what you guys would think if your spouse/girl/boyfriend were doing anything similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 05:48 PM

6,880 posts, read 4,884,868 times
Why would I have a partner or a best friend I didn't trust?

If he doesn't trust them then he could always get one of those hidden cameras.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Why would I have a partner or a best friend I didn't trust?

If he doesn't trust them then he could always get one of those hidden cameras.
Sometimes people aren't who they seem to be.
Trust can be broken.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Six kids, and she's lolling about at the pool with some guy?

Old 08-11-2020, 05:56 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,468,196 times
As someone that has male and female friends , I'd continue to be faithful to my mate while valueing the friends I have.
My genuine friends are protective and respectfull.
I can't imagine being misconstrued as a harlot for having legitimate friends.
Behavior being consistent in healthy boundaries.

What gives you evidence that this lady is
Entertaining inappropriately ? Is she groping him? Necking on the couch? Having sleep overs?
Nothing you vagueiy inferred is concrete.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 PM

23,326 posts, read 18,903,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloePurell View Post
Sometimes people aren't who they seem to be.
Trust can be broken.
IMHO, someone spending time at the house and just swimming in the same pool together wouldn't automatically signal "cheating" to me. Your friend could very easily come home at any moment so they must not be too concerned about it either way. Now if they went off together somewhere where your friend wouldn't be able to find them, that's different. That would be deliberately evasive.

Your friend might be jealous of the time these two have to spend in each other's company. Might have nothing to do with whether they're cheating or not. Based on how you described this you sound as though you don't trust very many people very far yourself OP. All that really shows it that you and your friend are different.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
As someone that has male and female friends , I'd continue to be faithful to my mate while valueing the friends I have.
My genuine friends are protective and respectfull.
I can't imagine being misconstrued as a harlot for having legitimate friends.
Behavior being consistent in healthy boundaries.

What gives you evidence that this lady is
Entertaining inappropriately ? Is she groping him? Necking on the couch? Having sleep overs?
Nothing you vagueiy inferred is concrete.
He has slept over. Plus she's by nature proven to be a very cruel and manipulative person. She's purposely gotten a girl fired by accusing her of stealing, that which was never proven in any way (it's right to work state, you could be fired for no reason if the employer decided). She talks trash about everybody, even an awkward but kind autistic worker who was bullied by her until she just quit out of frustration.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM

23,326 posts, read 18,903,694 times
Quote:
He has slept over. Plus she's by nature proven to be a very cruel and manipulative person. She's purposely gotten a girl fired by accusing her of stealing, that which was never proven in any way (it's right to work state, you could be fired for no reason if the employer decided). She talks trash about everybody, even an awkward but kind autistic worker who was bullied by her until she just quit out of frustration.
Which has little to nothing to do with the situation. You just seem to want to paint this woman in a bad light...so you're piling on the negatives even though they are not really relevant. He's been seeing the woman for years. He must have some idea what she's like and still chooses to do so. I suggest MYOB.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:42 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,606 times
Quote:
So I've a friend (M,32)

What your friend does and who he dates is none of your business. Butt out.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
IMHO, someone spending time at the house and just swimming in the same pool together wouldn't automatically signal "cheating" to me. Your friend could very easily come home at any moment so they must not be too concerned about it either way. Now if they went off together somewhere where your friend wouldn't be able to find them, that's different. That would be deliberately evasive.

Your friend might be jealous of the time these two have to spend in each other's company. Might have nothing to do with whether they're cheating or not. Based on how you described this you sound as though you don't trust very many people very far yourself OP. All that really shows it that you and your friend are different.
I don't think it's normal for people who're in relationships to hang out with people of the opposite sex alone as much as they do. Even if the person you're dating says they trust you, it's still disrespectful. If you're really considering your spouse's feelings you'll try to avoid spending too much time w/ someone of the opposite sex so as to not raise suspicion. It's common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships