Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 PM

12 posts, read 70,499 times

Advertisements

I live in a subdivision that has had several vehicles left on the street. One in particular I pass nearly every day now has a flat tire. Its been sitting there over a year now. What is the law concerning this behaviour. It slums the neighborhood and is affecting home sales (not mine). Its just too bad that some people dont care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 09:20 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,086,493 times
No HOA?

Any idea on ownership? Wonder why your sub has "several" abandoned vehichles ... seems odd.

Did you contact police? When I lived in Jersey, abandoned vehicles were reported to police and subsequently towed. No HOA needed.

Sara

Old 07-20-2007, 09:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
dont call the police call 311

Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 AM

I wish we had an enforceable HOA with each homeowner paying dues each month, but that was not part of the deal when this sub was created. Too bad a few houses want to make it bad for the rest of us.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,736 times
Elton, I agree-- that is why an HOA that is properly run is so great. My HOA, in which I am involved, makes sure those cars are removed. Sunny is right-- call 311 and hopefully they can get those out of your way to make the neighbors happy! Good luck--

Old 08-04-2007, 08:57 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Check the city and county laws. There may be an ordinance about abandoned vehicles. It might even work if the authorities would enforce it.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:44 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
I have to wonder how many of those abandoned cars are carjacked or stolen cars just left roadside. Not many weeks have gone by where I haven't seen one laying around on Tyron, 29, 49, Harris, etc.. There seems to be way, way, way too many of them around here.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM

157 posts, read 529,907 times
Charlotte is abandon car city it seems. I too wonder why these cars arent carjacked more often. LOL I wouldnt leave my car out I know that

Old 08-15-2007, 06:19 AM

3 posts, read 16,322 times
Angry Why Are You Upset?

Obviously you are only thinking about the looks of this abandoned vehicleI on the other hand think that you should consider the OWNER. Maybe the owner of this vehicle cannot AFFORD the repairs necessary to move this vehicle and he or she is waiting to be able to do this!!!!!!!!!! Please do not call the POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! People have a hard enough time financially than to be able to afford towing fees and storage fees to RETRIEVE a vehicle they may still have HOPE OF REVIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter has ASTHMA!!!!! I have lost my vehicle....because someone didn't like the "LOOK ' of it on the street. I was waiting to someday be able to afford the repairs and registration needed to drive this vehicle for "HER". Its a lot wquicker to get to the hospital in a CAR in the event of an emergency!!!!!!!!If you don't like the 'Look' of the vehicle ......Please cast your eyes away from it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-15-2007 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: please dont abuse underline feature

Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM

Smile casting your eyes

It seems to be my humble opinion, and whatever that is worth, that when there is room in a driveway for your automobile and you still choose to violate the Neighborhood agreement by leaving it out on the street, that it's not the neighbors fault their eyes see this unsightly piece of refuse and junk in front of the house.

Now if you live in a neighborhood that looks trashy, unkept and tends to have a culture that accepts this, I can understand how some people would take offense. But the investment that went into the homes and the landscaping lean heavily in favor of the rest of your neighborhood that abides by the rules and tries to create a pleasant environment. Such is our case. Happy day O happy day when this vehicle gets towed away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina