Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 12,116 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We're moving to Ft. Bragg soon and I have three questions:

1) I'm wondering about elementary schools. How do the schools on post compare to the better school districts off post such as Moore and Cumberland counties? I'm looking for a good foundation for my kiddos, the oldest will be starting kindergarten.

2) Are there any traditional church preschools in the area? I'm thinking 2 or 3 days a week, 2 or 3 hours a day for my 3yo. What kind of tuition rate will we be looking at for this type of program? I'm NOT looking for any "fancy" private schools, full-day programs, or daycare. We simply can't afford those.

3) Also, my husband is an E6 and we have two young children. We're wondering which housing areas on post we should try for first, if we have a choice, and if we decide to live on post. We will be arriving sometime in June, which I know is a high turn-over period. Pope, Biazza, Casablanca/Anzio Acres, and Corregidor all have vacancies posted right now...

We will be headed up in a few days to check out the area, and would like to go armed with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance for you opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,988,841 times
Never lived on post, So can't comment there.

I can recommend St. Ann's Catholic school. Our daugther went there for pre-K and we really liked it. It was not TOO expensive and the teachers were great.

She currently goes to Gallberry Farms for 1st grade and our youngest son is at Alderman Road for Pre-K. We are very happy with both school and chose to buy our home in the Gray's Creek area because of the schools.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM

74 posts, read 129,339 times
Get your name on the waiting list as soon as you can, and hopefully by June there will be something available. The neighborhood we are in isn't nice, the houses are run down. But I'm not saying all of the houses are like that. Different ranks get different neighborhoods and same with the number of people in your family.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM

6 posts, read 12,116 times
Thanks for the information everyone! I think the trip was mostly a success in that we confirmed most of our research and ruled out on-post housing. We also found out that we should be looking into buying rather than renting. Surprise! I will be looking into St. Ann's preschool for my daughter. That was the one thing we didn't have much time to research. Ideally, I would like one that isn't Catholic, but beggars can't be choosers. Has anyone heard anything about New Century International Elementary School in Fayetteville? I have a recommendation from a realtor, but it's too new for me to find any online parental reviews on it...

Old 03-27-2011, 11:38 AM

6 posts, read 15,339 times
I'd love your thoughts on the location after your visit. I'm heading there next week and it sounds like we're looking in the same area. Any neighborhoods you can recommend?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:52 AM

74 posts, read 129,339 times
We just moved off post last week and love it so far. It's only a 20 minute drive to get on post by a "secret" road we found. I feel it's a secret cause it's never as busy as the yadkin entrance. The only bad thing is the price of rent. They know how much the army gives you for bah so they jack up the prices. Oh well, it's worth it. Plus being in Fayetteville is nice rather than having to drive at least ten+ minutes for anything in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina