Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 03:57 PM

5 posts, read 23,963 times

Advertisements

Hi! My family is getting ready to move to the Ft. Bragg/Fayetteville area and I am trying to figure out whether we should live on base or off. This is our first military move. My husband had heard that the atmosphere on base is not great for a family, and also that the schools on base are not good. Our little boy will be entering kindergarten in the fall and has special learning needs, so we really need a great school.

It's very hard to search for a house long-distance. My husband drove around town one day, but now he's in training for 7 weeks and our home here in Houston is set to close on 5/25, so I'll be handling the move without him.

Living on base would be easiest - one phone call and I have a place to live, but I DO NOT want to live there if the schools are bad. I found a house for rent in Hope Mills that I think I like - long distance anyway (Rockfish Elementary area).

I would love to hear from someone who knows about schools on base. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM

67 posts, read 285,464 times
Rockfish is a pretty good school, thoough it has gotten VERY big. Hope Mills is one of the better areas of Cumberland County. It's a small town, with a small town atmosphere.
Don't know a whole lot about Fort Bragg schools, except they seem to have a few more resources then the county schools.

Plenty of housing available around base, so if you want to find a place closer, it shouldn't be a problem (avoid Hoke County thought - BAD school system!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina