Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you most likely to vote for?
Barack Obama - Democrat 29 65.91%
Mitt Romney - Republican 12 27.27%
Gary Johnson - Libertarian 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:37 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,980,250 times

Advertisements

Yeah we had a poll earlier here Is north carolina still a swing state? Who will you be voting for in 2012?

But it's several weeks old, it's time for a fresh one.

We are now in the "after the conventions and before the debates" stage. Any minds changed by the conventions, based on what you saw?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,006,052 times
NC Polls

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lton-2103.html

Last edited by mm34b; 09-10-2012 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-10-2012, 12:38 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
The conventions really exposed the Romney/Ryan campaign as lacking substance. Unless something drastic happens between now and the debates, Obama has this locked up, though not necessarily in North Carolina. The GOP has all but conceded Michigan and Wisconsin. Obama doesn't need N.C. to win, but Romney can't win without N.C. and all the other swing states.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight.com is giving Obama an 80% edge right now. There are rumors that Romney's own internal polls show him behind in Ohio and Michigan. He was going for an upper midwest strategy and basically needs every competitive state up there to win.

We are probably only a few days away from the media dropping the "horse race" charade, and starting a "Can Romney come back in the debates?" meme.

Edit: Looks like this *is* beginning.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/09/10/the-troubles/

Last edited by Sean_CLT; 09-10-2012 at 06:24 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,000 times
I'll admit. I was on the fence, but the conventions swayed me, though I still feel like I'm picking the lesser of two evils. It wasn't even the President that swayed me, but Fmr President Clinton.

edit: Ron Paul would be my preferred choice

Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 PM

I was swayed. By the RNC - to *not* vote Romney. Here are some videos explaining why. I cannot support a candidate who would promote such petty and authoritarian tactics against delegates at his own convention.

RNC Sham 2012 - YouTube

Did RNC "Scripted" Rules Change Start A Civil War In The Republican Party? - YouTube

Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,351,883 times
I was going to vote for Obama anyway, but the conventions made me feel better about my choice. As for NC's next governor, I now find myself torn between McCrory and Dalton. At first, I was all McCrory, but now I'm not sure that I want to give National level Republicans something to cheer about. McCrory is actually more of a "liberal" than Dalton from what I've seen (just look at the way how McCrory ran Charlotte). Under McCrory's leadership, Charlotte grew into a city that National Democrats decided they would like to show off and take the credit for. In actuality, 99% of Charlotte 2012 was built by moderate-progressive republicans. Many first time visitors to our city took advantage of the light rail into uptown. I met a few that were convinced that "Obama and Dems have been good to Charlotte". I wasn't about to tell them that our republican mayor pushed for the arena and the light rail. They would have flipped if they knew that the Bush administration approved the matching fund to start light rail in Charlotte. So far, Dems have not built a single rail line yet, and when they finally do it will be the UNCC extension that McCrory had planned back in 1998.

My point is that McCrory is a candidate for progress (something NC badly needs), but his party at the National level is not. By voting for McCrory, I could be sending the wrong message about NC. I usually vote for who I think is the better candidate. In this case, McCrory is the better guy but I'm not sure whether or not he can be progressive without getting into fights with his own party.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-10-2012 at 08:31 PM..

Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,397,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I was going to vote for Obama anyway, but the conventions made me feel better about my choice. As for NC's next governor, I now find myself torn between McCrory and Dalton. At first, I was all McCrory, but now I'm not sure that I want to give National level Republicans something to cheer about. McCrory is actually more of a "liberal" than Dalton from what I've seen (just look at the way how McCrory ran Charlotte). Under McCrory's leadership, Charlotte grew into a city that National Democrats decided they would like to show off and take the credit for. In actuality, 99% of Charlotte 2012 was built by moderate-progressive republicans. Many first time visitors to our city took advantage of the light rail into uptown. I met a few that were convinced that "Obama and Dems have been good to Charlotte". I wasn't about to tell them that our republican mayor pushed for the arena and the light rail. They would have flipped if they knew that the Bush administration approved the matching fund to start light rail in Charlotte. So far, Dems have not built a single rail line yet, and when they finally do it will be the UNCC extension that McCrory had planned back in 1998.

My point is that McCrory is a candidate for progress (something NC badly needs), but his party at the National level is not. By voting for McCrory, I could be sending the wrong message about NC. I usually vote for who I think is the better candidate. In this case, McCrory is the better guy but I'm not sure whether or not he can be progressive without getting into fights with his own party.

+1

All we need is backwaters beating their bibles imposing their tradition on us (I am Christian). I think if NC were to vote GOP, our State GOP would get a ego boost and just go nuts on Social Issues and not fixing the economy. Re amendment 1....

I would be so disgusted to see Bill James (Meck. County Commissioner) ever happy. I hate him with a passion

All though I wonder though is if McCrory would Favor Charlotte. Maybe he could pull some GOP strings. Would him and Mayor Foxx Jive? The only Political figure I hold any loyalty to is Foxx.

All that said. I'm voting for Obama. He threw a great party! (Thats not the reason I'm voting for him, for the record)

Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
+1

All we need is backwaters beating their bibles imposing their tradition on us (I am Christian). I think if NC were to vote GOP, our State GOP would get a ego boost and just go nuts on Social Issues and not fixing the economy. Re amendment 1....

I would be so disgusted to see Bill James (Meck. County Commissioner) ever happy. I hate him with a passion

All though I wonder though is if McCrory would Favor Charlotte. Maybe he could pull some GOP strings. Would him and Mayor Foxx Jive? The only Political figure I hold any loyalty to is Foxx.

All that said. I'm voting for Obama. He threw a great party! (Thats not the reason I'm voting for him, for the record)

Your hatred isn't very Christian.

Just sayin'...

Old 09-10-2012, 11:43 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,397,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your hatred isn't very Christian.

Just sayin'...
Well bless my heart...

I have zero respect for a county commissioner who calls another commissioners son who died of HIV a homo.... I'm sure you don't hate anything though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina