Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times

Advertisements

I remember a few years ago when the NC Zoo would offer the admission tickets half off. Normally during the "off season".

Does anyone know if they still offer this deal?

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Here is the ticket price web page for the Zoo, I do not see anything for lower cost out of season tickets.
NC Zooâ„¢ - North Carolina Zoo : Tickets/Fees (http://www.nczoo.org/tickets/ - broken link)

Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
I'd never heard of that and we go to the zoo a lot, so I took a look around Google. It looks like the last time it was offered was the winter of 2003-2004, which was when I moved back to NC (so that's why I hadn't heard of it!). When they did offer it the dates were December 1 - February 28, so if they were doing it I don't think they'd announce it now (why reduce attendance now?).

To my mind the big bargain at the zoo is getting a membership, as it really only takes two visits to make it worth it.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
I'd never heard of that and we go to the zoo a lot, so I took a look around Google. It looks like the last time it was offered was the winter of 2003-2004, which was when I moved back to NC (so that's why I hadn't heard of it!). When they did offer it the dates were December 1 - February 28, so if they were doing it I don't think they'd announce it now (why reduce attendance now?).

To my mind the big bargain at the zoo is getting a membership, as it really only takes two visits to make it worth it.
Darn!
I really enjoyed that half price admission. Most of the exhibits were closed during the time anyway so it make it worth it for the discount.

Yeah, I probably should just get a membership. Would be worth it especially since you can use it at the coast too.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Darn!
I really enjoyed that half price admission. Most of the exhibits were closed during the time anyway so it make it worth it for the discount.

Yeah, I probably should just get a membership. Would be worth it especially since you can use it at the coast too.
I don't know if you have a Citipass book (I bought one from a neighbor for the local elementary's PTA) but there's a $10 off coupon for the NC zoo membership. I think that makes the membership only $49, and it's a reciprocal membership so if you travel you might get to use it for other aquariums, zoos, etc. I know also my friend bought a membership to the Fort Fisher Aquarium which was cheaper than a NC zoo membership but it too is a reciprocal which you can use at the NC zoo. I'm thinking of buying an NC zoo membership because we frequently travel through Tampa (where we used to live) and they have a really nice zoo which is part of the reciprocal program and I think it would cost almost $50 just for single day tickets for a family.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Sorry I didn't read the part where you said you could use it at the coast too before I started rambling.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
I don't know if you have a Citipass book (I bought one from a neighbor for the local elementary's PTA) but there's a $10 off coupon for the NC zoo membership. I think that makes the membership only $49, and it's a reciprocal membership so if you travel you might get to use it for other aquariums, zoos, etc. I know also my friend bought a membership to the Fort Fisher Aquarium which was cheaper than a NC zoo membership but it too is a reciprocal which you can use at the NC zoo. I'm thinking of buying an NC zoo membership because we frequently travel through Tampa (where we used to live) and they have a really nice zoo which is part of the reciprocal program and I think it would cost almost $50 just for single day tickets for a family.
This is great info! Thanks for posting this!
(Adding rep points!)

Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
This is ideal time to go to the zoo due to the weather.
It will be mild weather for humans but also the animals they will be roaming more than they will in deep part of winter or summer.

The zoo will be open Thanksgiving day.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This is ideal time to go to the zoo due to the weather.
It will be mild weather for humans but also the animals they will be roaming more than they will in deep part of winter or summer.

The zoo will be open Thanksgiving day.
Good point!
Open Thanksgiving Day?! Wow. I did not know that!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 AM

563 posts, read 955,198 times
I noticed that the News and Observer offers 'buy one adult admission, get one child free' to subscribers. newsobserver.com | N&O Zone Subscriber Rewards (http://www.newsobserver.com/1193/index.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina