Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 PM

8 posts, read 11,316 times

Advertisements

my DH is retiring at the end of the school year.North Carolina is on our list of places we would like to move. we do have jr.high and high school kids we live now in ill but am looking for a milder 4 season climet. so safe family friendly is tops. also would like to stay in a small town. I work for walmart so I can move my job but need to say within say half an hour or better. any help would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,575,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykia View Post
my DH is retiring at the end of the school year.North Carolina is on our list of places we would like to move. we do have jr.high and high school kids we live now in ill but am looking for a milder 4 season climet. so safe family friendly is tops. also would like to stay in a small town. I work for walmart so I can move my job but need to say within say half an hour or better. any help would be great
More details would be helpful. There are hundreds of safe small towns in the state.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
we do have jr.high and high school kids
In another 4 or 5 years when they're both out of the local school system
(and have been accepted into college or otherwise moved into their adulthood)...
start looking more deeply.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM

well to say where looks great ...I would say the foothills I would like that my brother live on the coast in havlock nc but I live in a small college town now. I like the charm of a older town

Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
In another 4 or 5 years when they're both out of the local school system
(and have been accepted into college or otherwise moved into their adulthood)...
start looking more deeply.
I take it you not sure of the school being good

Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Quote:
There must be some reason you have chosen NC rather than other states, therefore you must know SOMETHING about the state. What areas have you visited that you liked?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Check out Salisbury or the Troutman area. These are good areas in the Piedmont.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 AM

thanks Boss that is an area I will look into.Also for Fansico I have drove through Nc to Havlock NC at least a dozen time. to visit family. I have not visited much else. But the weather I a big draw for me. places from my list to go visit are the Hickory area and Apex,Cary,New burn. but that is why I am on here to plan a trip to the area. I am hoping for next spring to visit.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,345,677 times
Quote:
I take it you not sure of the school being good
I can't speak for Rational, but why on earth would you uproot your high school children to go to a place you admittedly know very little about? What area does your brother suggest? Hickory schools are ok, as are Cary. Not sure about New Bern.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I can't speak for Rational, but why on earth would you uproot your high school children to go to a place you admittedly know very little about? What area does your brother suggest? Hickory schools are ok, as are Cary. Not sure about New Bern.
That would be my concern as well. What are the kids feelings about this idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina