Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,262 times

Advertisements

My sticker on the left is 1 and the sticker on the left is 14..I'm assuming my tag is out of date if that means Jan. 2014 yet my registration says the plates are good til April? I haven't received anything in the mail as far as I can remember about renewing but just a little nervous about getting pulled over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtkms4 View Post
My sticker on the left is 1 and the sticker on the left is 14..I'm assuming my tag is out of date if that means Jan. 2014 yet my registration says the plates are good til April? I haven't received anything in the mail as far as I can remember about renewing but just a little nervous about getting pulled over.

If your registration card says April, take the card and let them know you need a new month sticker.

If it was me I would go ahead and have your car inspected then go to license tag bureau pay your tax and tags and correct both stickers.

You can do it within 60 days it due and this period is within that time frame or wait til April.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:38 PM

978 posts, read 2,055,494 times
NC needs to implement a new inspection and registration policy. I feel that the inspection program is just a money maker for the state as they allow places like Jiffy Lube to perform it.

Missouri does not require cars that are less than 6 years old to be inspected. This makes sense because most cars that age are in perfect running condition. They also only require inspection every two years and the inspection must be performed at a reputable mechanic (not Jiffy Lube or Meineke type places). They also allow you to purchase a 2yr registration sticker (costs about $30).

Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Missouri does not require cars that are less than 6 years old to be inspected. This makes sense because most cars that age are in perfect running condition.
No, NC exempts cars that are 35+ years old from inspections because those cars are definitely much safer out on the highway, right?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
The people performing inspections at Jiffy Lube had to take the same classes, pass the same tests, and perform the tests the same as the people at your local car dealership.

I do agree that new cars shouldn't need to be inspected until 5-6 years, but the classics are so few and far between that it isn't much of an issue. The cars I have an issue with are the police auction Crown Vics with straight pipes and the rags billowing smoke. That needs to be stopped.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The people performing inspections at Jiffy Lube had to take the same classes, pass the same tests, and perform the tests the same as the people at your local car dealership.

I do agree that new cars shouldn't need to be inspected until 5-6 years, but the classics are so few and far between that it isn't much of an issue. The cars I have an issue with are the police auction Crown Vics with straight pipes and the rags billowing smoke. That needs to be stopped.
Seriously, and they know a buddy who will pass them for their modified parts.
Yesterday I was on the merge ramp of 52 and 40 and I unfortunately got behind a veru similar car.
As it took off on the ramp it blew this black fog I couldnt see at that crucial point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina