Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:30 PM

3 posts, read 39,462 times

Advertisements

My husband has orders to Fort Bragg for this summer. We'd like to live on post, but the waiting lists are very long. There is a neighborhood called Linden Oaks that is technically military housing but it's up north of Spring Lake. Does anyone know how the area is? I've heard conflicting reports on the safety in the area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 08:16 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,892 times
It is military contract housing so they will be taking your BAH. It is not gated and not patrolled by Military Police. It is in a rural setting. For the same amount of your BAH you could have your own house and not have put up with the housing office. The housing market is still strong around Fort Bragg. If you stay here a few years you still have the potential to make a modest profit when you sell or a better option is to turn it into an income property and rent it. The rental market is always going to be good here. There are a lot of options right now.

I did not buy my first house until I had been in the service 18 years. I never got good advice and missed out on a lot of opportunities to build up investment property that would have provided a nice income now that I am retired.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 17,081 times
I live in Linden Oaks, it is a nice area, we have had no problems. Speaking as an ACTUAL RESIDENT, I can tell you it IS gated and patrolled by the MP's.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,892 times
The above poster is absolutely right it is gated and patrolled. I was working off second hand information and will gladly admit when I am wrong.

Welcome to LiveLindenOaks.com (http://www.livelindenoaks.com/index.html - broken link)

Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 AM

3 posts, read 39,462 times
Thanks both of you for your help. We're actually hoping to live on-post, but Linden Oaks has a much shorter waiting list.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
Even though they just opened a school over there, it is already crowded. So if you have school aged kids, please be aware that there is a possibility that they can be bussed to another school on post. Its also a little bit of a drive to post, but the area is really nice. Seems like its pretty quiet also.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 16,708 times
Linden oaks is very nice and it is patrolled by mps..

Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 PM

4 posts, read 24,099 times
I have a great house with a pool ready to rent in AUG. it is in Arron Lakes West. I am only asking 845 a month. I pay for the new AC/heater element that went in Jun 2008 and I pay for Termenex every three months. It is a great 3 bed room home with a 10 x 16 shed. in a culta sack. you can look at the property on google earth. 5905 Weymouth Ct fayettteville NC 28304. give me a call if you would like to look at it. 909 499 4089. Respectfully, Anthony Gregerson

Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 29,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife1982 View Post
My husband has orders to Fort Bragg for this summer. We'd like to live on post, but the waiting lists are very long. There is a neighborhood called Linden Oaks that is technically military housing but it's up north of Spring Lake. Does anyone know how the area is? I've heard conflicting reports on the safety in the area.

Thanks!
parking in Linden Oaks is a nightmare!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 29,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcallen9 View Post
I live in Linden Oaks, it is a nice area, we have had no problems. Speaking as an ACTUAL RESIDENT, I can tell you it IS gated and patrolled by the MP's.
We live in Linden Oaks also, and we have issues with Parking! It has been a nightmare for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina