Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,985 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
My fiancé (well, husband in 5 days!! just got a job offer in Fayetteville, NC.
We definitely are not against moving but would like some input on where to move. I don't think he'd want his commute more than about 30 mins.
What are some good towns or cities outside/around Fayetteville? We know nothing about this area.
We are mid 20's, active, have a dog and love the beach!
Some things that are very important to us and we cannot do without are:
-A safe place to raise a family as we will be thinking about children in a few years.
-Grocery stores within a 10 min range.
-A gym within 10-15 mins. We work out daily and need it to be easy accessible.

Thanks so much in advance!
I can't wait to get suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 11:17 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,693 times
It'd be a stretch (according to Google Maps the drive is about an hour thanks to having to go around Fort Bragg), but I'd suggest the Aberdeen/Southern Pines/Pinehurst area. Aberdeen seems to fit what you're looking for pretty closely.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,985 times
garnetpalmetto- know anything about Hope Mills? That where we're finding some similarities. Gym and markets are about 10-15 mins away. Looks decent but you can only tell so much from a computer.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:29 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
Well, first of all, where is the job? Depending on which side of town the job is on might determine where you need to live. If the job is more towards east Fayetteville, then I'd say Eastover or Stedman. If it's more out on Raeford Rd. towards Hoke County, then Aberdeen area might be a better choice, etc.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
Hope Mills has nice neighborhoods. I have lived in the area for 12 years and like this side of town.

Are you looking to buy or rent? If renting do you want an apartment or single family home?

There are lots of nice apartment complexes in Fayetteville that would be good for an active couple.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,454,017 times
Just a heads up you are in for a pretty big culture shock...

Fayetteville is eloquently referred to as "Fayettnam" for a reason...you might want to visit before deciding for sure .

Old 05-24-2014, 10:09 PM

23 posts, read 47,994 times
We just moved here almost a year ago and choose hope mills. I work in fayetteville at the hospital and it is a 10 min drive for me. We have 3 children and much prefer hope mills to raise
Our kids. It's smaller but Walmart is 1
Mile from our home, food lion a mile
Away, Harris teeter about 3
Miles, a few gyms maybe 3-5 miles, plenty of places to eat close by though the nicer restaurants are in fayetteville.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:58 AM

16 posts, read 21,412 times
The Southern Pines area is quite nice, lots of charm. Try BaseAO.com - its geared towards military families, but has some great info on neighborhoods, events, etc. They can even connect you with a realtor should you want their help in finding a home.

Neighborhoods Near Fort Bragg | Fort Bragg Area Neighborhoods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina