Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2006, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 9,882 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I am coming for Sanford for a business purpose next week.Could you please let me know the good hotels in Sanford?I also request you to let me know if i could get any indian restaurants in Sanford!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2006, 09:07 AM

223 posts, read 1,065,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuralimohan View Post
Hi all

I am coming for Sanford for a business purpose next week.Could you please let me know the good hotels in Sanford?I also request you to let me know if i could get any indian restaurants in Sanford!!
Probably the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express or Jameson Inn, all on south 87/Horner Blvd in Sanford would be your best bet. There are no large "downtown" hotels here as you might find in a larger city, but those I mentioned are all safe and comfortable.
Sorry, no Indian restaurants that I know of, but there are a couple up in Chapel Hill about 30 mins. north. Sanford does have a good variety of locally owned Mexican, Caribbean and Italian to choose from. (LaCabana, LaDolce Vita, Bella's, Casa Toscana, ElRancho to name a few). Read the Sanford Herald newspaper online and you should be able to access a restaurant/entertainment guide for this area. Also check out Southern Pines/Aberdeen area (30 mins south) by reading The Pilot newspaper online. They have a variety of good restaurants.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:31 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
There's some good Indian restaurants 45 mins to an hour away in Cary, as well.

At the corner of E. Chatham Street and Maynard Road, there is a shopping center with an Indian market, Indian sweets/ice cream parlor, Biryani House (pakistani place), and a couple Indian takeouts (one of them says Hyderabadi style on the front I think). I also heard there's a good place on Davis Drive in Morrisville, called Saffron, but I haven't tried it yet.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
I also heard there's a good place on Davis Drive in Morrisville, called Saffron, but I haven't tried it yet.
Oh good god no! It's horrible...it's almost as bad as Azitra in Briar Creek: very Americanized and bland for Indian food. It's like saying "Taco Bell" is authenic Mexican.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:46 PM

223 posts, read 1,065,628 times
[quote=tarp;141364]There's some good Indian restaurants 45 mins to an hour away in Cary, as well.

Just a minor correction:
Cary is only a 30 minute or less (depending on where you're at in town) drive from Sanford. Straight shot up US 1 North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina