Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:06 AM

7 posts, read 14,289 times

Advertisements

I am familiarizing myself to the area too and from an outsider looking in so far, I liked Asheville and Greenville for a larger city. Hendersonville is a good mid-sized town. Marshall/Mars Hill, Black Mountain, and Brevard are quaint towns, the first two of which are closer to Asheville. Brevard is in between Asheville and Greenville and in the mountains.
Hope that helps some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 12:55 PM

685 posts, read 721,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavaur View Post
Charlotte is the best place to live in NC
It is larger than Asheville and has a huge airport. In Asheville, I've heard jokes (clean and nice) over the loudspeakers. Asheville has a coal plant for power (we lived 15 miles from Indian Point nuclear power plant) in NY. Charlotte's water is fed from their upstream nuclear power plant. They say it's clean but we didn't trust it and it's hot as heck there. Can't win them all.

We had to leave NYS due to high costs of living. While housing prices are okay here, you have to be very careful about where you look. The confederate flag pops up in strange places. That bothers us. But there are a lot of lovely developments (we're in one) for families.

We wanted a sub-NYC culture (arts, theater, restaurants) with nice people and found all that here.
But apartments are going up en masse, so changes will occur often haphazardly. The infrastructure
was not set up for the kind of growth the city seems to expect. Because of the influx, we're thinking about moving again for the last time to a more established area.

You can't beat being surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Appalachian Trail (that we used to walk outside of NYS).

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina