Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 10:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
The tolerant left, folks.
We're your mirror image!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 04:05 AM

398 posts, read 498,455 times
Quote:
Why would anyone tolerate the denial of their liberty and rights? Thats a ridiculous concept.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Guess the political philosophy of the person who said that.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:32 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
It is scary that it is somehow justified in a lot of people's minds to think like that and their numbers are growing. So basically we have one hate group slowly dying off and being replaced by a new younger hate group.

Great. Just great. Is there any place in the beautiful state of NC for non ideological non hate group pro loving pro peaceful people, who just want to get along?

Old 04-23-2016, 08:56 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
It is scary that it is somehow justified in a lot of people's minds to think like that and their numbers are growing. So basically we have one hate group slowly dying off and being replaced by a new younger hate group.

Great. Just great. Is there any place in the beautiful state of NC for non ideological non hate group pro loving pro peaceful people, who just want to get along?
I saw your thread on the politics board. I read a sampling of the hair-on-fire right-wing posts on that thread. Is that what you're trying to incite on the NC board? You consistently chastise people who are opposed to HB2.

The right-wing politics in this state make it very difficult for people to believe that there is a kumbaya moment in our near future.

Why are you making judgemental assumptions about the age of posters?

Old 04-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Just for the record, I'm over 60! Like Rosa Parks, I'm not content to sit in the back of the bus and wait for the "great someday" to come along. Squeaky wheels get greased. Silent ones wear out!

There are places where everybody gets along just peachy. They're called graveyards!

Old 04-23-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Just for the record, I'm over 60! Like Rosa Parks, I'm not content to sit in the back of the bus and wait for the "great someday" to come along. Squeaky wheels get greased. Silent ones wear out!

There are places where everybody gets along just peachy. They're called graveyards!

Still can't rep you again.

I can't believe that we are being accused of hate at this point in life for speaking out against discrimination. When we were young we hit the streets in protest. I guess we're back in the protest business.

I remember when we were young & the slogan was never trust anyone over 30. I'd hate to think that we'll have to adopt another slogan of who to not trust.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

Still can't rep you again.

I can't believe that we are being accused of hate at this point in life for speaking out against discrimination. When we were young we hit the streets in protest. I guess we're back in the protest business.

I remember when we were young & the slogan was never trust anyone over 30. I'd hate to think that we'll have to adopt another slogan of who to not trust.
sb - I'm not terribly fond of the "terminally stupid"! I don't trust anyone with an I.Q. less than 110 which leaves a good percentage of the population untrustworthy. People like you and I, have to constantly anticipate the next the moves of "low-info crowd". I owe you a hundred points as well!

Old 04-23-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
sb - I'm not terribly fond of the "terminally stupid"! I don't trust anyone with an I.Q. less than 110 which leaves a good percentage of the population untrustworthy. People like you and I, have to constantly anticipate the next the moves of "low-info crowd". I owe you a hundred points as well!
ROFLMAO!

I remember an oft-quoted poem about the dangers of not speaking out. It ended with and when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Well, the companies are speaking out & some of us still have enough gumption to speak out. I'll debate the points of HB2, but I firmly believe that it's a bad law rooted in discrimination. According to the TOS we are allowed to voice our opinions. I find it just plain offensive to be called hateful for doing that.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'll debate the points of HB2, but I firmly believe that it's a bad law rooted in discrimination. According to the TOS we are allowed to voice our opinions. I find it just plain offensive to be called hateful for doing that.
HB2 is most certainly flawed. Most everyone has said that. Everyone is most certainly allowed to voice their opinions about the bill, pro or con. No one is calling anyone hateful for voicing their displeasure about HB2.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
HB2 is most certainly flawed. Most everyone has said that. Everyone is most certainly allowed to voice their opinions about the bill, pro or con. No one is calling anyone hateful for voicing their displeasure about HB2.
Please read your posts on this topic on this board, especially the most recent one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina