Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:13 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,599,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
you guys always use the its 'more than men in women's bathroom liine' but you support men in women's bathrooms, because you call supporters of HB2 bigots. you don't have the courage of your convictions. the bill gives business the right to make their own bathroom policies. all it says is Charlotte didn't have the right to tell private businesses what to do regarding bathrooms, and female and male bathrooms has been civil law forever. HB2 is not controversial at all unless male and female designations of bathrooms and locker rooms offends you and always has offended you.

NC isn't losing businesses. a few monopoly sporting events with leftwing leaders leaving the state isn't the sum total of business climate in NC. Democrat policies of high taxes, onerous regulations, anti-right to work, etc would hurt the NC economy much more than the state losing some hotel revenue for infrequent sporting events.

in my view, it comes across as contrived when people say they voted for McCroy a few years ago but not voting for him down simply because of this bill. i see liberals do this a lot, they pretend to be independents but everything they say is the standard liberal viewpoint. it is possible all of you did vote for McCrory a few years ago, but i have the right to my own beliefs about it given there is no way to independently corroborate your claims.

there is no forum rule that i know of, that a person in SC can't talk about issues in NC. If there is such a rule, i will be happy to comply with that rule in the future. you don't know anything about me, i could be from NC, i could live there part time, it is none of your business though.
Did I say you were a bigot? Again painting broad strokes with little factual information. I am independent and always have been even told you how I vote. You seem to think anyone that doesn't have an acute view on a single part of a large sweeping bill is liberal. I was just wondering why you are so worried about a bill in a state that has no barring on you? Our economy in Charlotte has slowed and JLL (I am sure you will call them liberal somehow) has even said that their requests and inquiries about expansion and relocation to NC from business has come to almost a halt. We lost over 400 solid paying jobs from Paypal right when this passed. I guess the latest polls with cooper up 6-8 points is all liberals too? I highly doubt it. Plus under those dirty democrats this state had 2 of the fastest growing cities business and population wise. I never voted for Purdue but she didn't kill this state or anything like that.

Sports with Leftwingers? Mark Emmert isn't someone I would consider leftwing, also there are Republican legislators calling for a repeal of the bill. The ACC and NCAA are run by good ole' boys from the South not exactly a bastion of liberals. I guess because Silver from the NBA is Jewish he is liberal, because I have no idea about his personal views, only how he views the law affecting the business he was elected to make the most money for.

As far as HB2, do you support a job being allowed to fire someone based on any form of discrimination and that person having no recourse in state courts? That is part of HB2 also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 12:16 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,414,089 times
the acc presidents are all liberal Democrats. just because the universities are in the south does not mean everybody in the south even at universities is a conservative. i can't believe that you are trying to say they are 'good ol boys' simply because they live in south. the Clemson president is from Maryland which is a very liberal state.

i disagree with your negative characterization of Republicans as 'good ol boys'.

Charlotte benefits from policies implemented at the state level, like right to work. many companies come to NC because it is a right to work state and they don't have to deal with unions. companies come to NC because it is a pro-business state especially since McCrory has become governor. NC is booming so for you to act like McCrory destroyed the economy with this bill is not factually accurate. that is your wishful thinking i believe.

if you were truly a fiscal conservative you would LOVE McCrory.

i believe you would oppose the bill if it was only about the bathrooms. do you oppose men in female restrooms? the bathroom issue is why the bill was passed, it was in response to Charlotte illegal bathroom ordinance.

I see you guys dumping on this governor all the time on here. It is like 9 out of 10 threads on the NC forum. why do i need your persmission to speak up for a person that I believe is unfairly maligned or to post on topics on this forum?

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-29-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
the acc presidents are all liberal Democrats. just because the universities are in the south does not mean everybody in the south even at universities is a conservative. i can't believe that you are trying to say they are 'good ol boys' simply because they live in south. the Clemson president is from Maryland which is a very liberal state.

i disagree with your negative characterization of Republicans as 'good ol boys'.

Charlotte benefits from policies implemented at the state level, like right to work. many companies come to NC because it is a right to work state and they don't have to deal with unions. companies come to NC because it is a pro-business state especially since McCrory has become governor. NC is booming so for you to act like McCrory destroyed the economy with this bill is not factually accurate. that is your wishful thinking i believe.

i believe you would oppose the bill if it was only about the bathrooms. do you oppose men in female restrooms?

I see you guys dumping on this governor all the time on here. It is like 9 out of 10 threads on the NC forum. why do i need your persmission to speak up for a person that I believe is unfairly maligned or to post on topics on this forum?
Because according to the majority of NC residents who this actually affects he isnt wrongly maligned. If you keep reading my post history you will see I also stated in past posts I voted for him for Mayor of Charlotte, and wonder what happened to him? Fiscally conservative is great until you start beating up our already terrible k-12 educational system in here. Plus as someone in the middle class having my taxes go up, isn't exactly a republican ideal is it?

Old 09-29-2016, 12:26 PM

what proof do you have of that? Are you going to say that if he wins re-election? i don't think your view is the majority opinion. you won't even defend males in female bathrooms, so obviously you do't think that is a winning argument.

he increased your taxes? He lowered the marginal rate to 5 percent.

do you think your taxes will be lower with Democrats in power?

here is a good article from Forbes about NC under McCrory's leadership. this is why i say I would like to see him run for president.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickg.../#36a74d6f1399

'Going into 2013, North Carolina had the 44th ranked business tax climate in the country on the non-partisan Tax Foundation’s business tax climate index. Thanks to the 2013 tax reform act, North Carolina went from only beating six states, to having the 16th best business tax climate in the nation'

you are trying to create the opposite impression, simply because atypical businesses, monopoliies basically, pulled their infreqent events out of the state. i don't think NC economy going down the tubes b/c the ACC football title game and NCAA basketball games are not played there. the economy is a little more complicated and diversified than that.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-29-2016 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
I don't think you don't need anyone's permission to sound like a toady for Gov. McStupid. You seem to be doing quite well at it all alone.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
what proof do you have of that? Are you going to say that if he wins re-election? i don't think your view is the majority opinion. you won't even defend males in female bathrooms, so obviously you do't think that is a winning argument.

he increased your taxes? He lowered the marginal rate to 5 percent.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - North Carolina Governor - McCrory vs. Cooper

Because polls say he is losing. And he lowered the marginal rate but took away deductions thus making my taxes go up. Pre his great tax plan I always resided at the $0 owed or returned basically it would be a couple dollars each way, post his great tax plan? I owe NC money, but my taxes went down? Again not living in this state only shows you a piece of paper not how things actually affect people in the state. Also 41st in education spending is tragic.

Also I asked about you worrying about NC, based on SC's government is falling apart and underfunded. I figured you would worry about that over a silly bathroom bill in a different state.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:37 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
the acc presidents are all liberal Democrats. just because the universities are in the south does not mean everybody in the south even at universities is a conservative. i can't believe that you are trying to say they are 'good ol boys' simply because they live in south.

i believe you would oppose the bill if it was only about the bathrooms. do you oppose men in female restrooms?

I see you guys dumping on this governor all the time on here. It is like 9 out of 10 threads on the NC forum. why do i need your persmission to speak up for a person that I believe is unfairly maligned?
There's a reason that NC is considered to be a purple state.

Did your governor give the village idiot a big thumbs up for taking a plate of cookies to the women protesting after he broke his word & signed an anti-abortion bill? He said he wouldn't do that but did anyway. That's just one of many things that he did to pi** off people before signing HB2.

People were just enchanted that, while negotiations were going on to get Duke to pay to clean up the coal ash pits, he gave them a sweetheart deal that came nowhere near paying for the cleanup.

It goes on & on. . .It's not all about men who might go into a women's bathroom. It is to you, but that doesn't give you the right to call other people liars.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:37 PM

ok, why is it your business why 'i am worrying' NC? why do i need your premission to talk about a topic on the NC forum? SC isn't fallig apart, it is getting new companies all the time and experience high growth. the 2nd largest road project in the state in terms of cost is being done right now in Greenville. you are a highly uninformed or dishonest person.

i don't think you are fiscally conservative at all. you understand fiscal conservatives have won the argument on fiscal matters so you want to wrap you liberal view up in fiscal conservative rhetoric.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-29-2016 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:

i believe you would oppose the bill if it was only about the bathrooms. do you oppose men in female restrooms? the bathroom issue is why the bill was passed, it was in response to Charlotte illegal bathroom ordinance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There's a reason that NC is considered to be a purple state.

Did your governor give the village idiot a big thumbs up for taking a plate of cookies to the women protesting after he broke his word & signed an anti-abortion bill? He said he wouldn't do that but did anyway. That's just one of many things that he did to pi** off people before signing HB2.

People were just enchanted that, while negotiations were going on to get Duke to pay to clean up the coal ash pits, he gave them a sweetheart deal that came nowhere near paying for the cleanup.

It goes on & on. . .It's not all about men who might go into a women's bathroom. It is to you, but that doesn't give you the right to call other people liars.
i do have the right to call people liars under the 1st amendment. i'm not calling anybody a liar, i'm saying I have a hard time believing a person voted for McCrory if they are not going to vote for simply because of this one bill. i could be wrong but i am not going to apologize for making a logical assumption.

my belief is you and others would hate McCrory if the bill was only about men in female restrooms. in my view, you perceive that is a losing issue and are deflecting on it. the coal ash pits are being cleaned up, i know this for a fact.

i don't anything about the abortion issue but he is a Republican. i don't many prochoice people voted for him.

i don't thinkk NC is that purple. Obama won it but Obama was able to get out voters that i don't think your typical Democrat has the ability to attract. you can see a huge difference in enthusiasm for Obama when he ran and Hillary now.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:44 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
i do have the right to call people liars under the 1st amendment. i'm not calling anybody a liar, i'm saying I have a hard time believing a person voted for McCrory if they are not going to vote for simply because of this one bill. i could be wrong but i am not going to apologize for making a logical assumption.

my belief is you and others would hate McCrory if the bill was only about men in female restrooms. in my view, you perceive that is a losing issue and are deflecting on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina