Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:41 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
??? Isn't Charlotte suppose to be the premier/dominate area in NC ???
Why should the number of CD posts correlate with an area being "premier/dominate", whatever that is?

Old 10-11-2016, 02:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,437 times
I think you should also take into consideration that the Charlotte Metro is essentially split up into two threads: The Charlotte subforum in NC, & the York/Lancaster subforum in SC. Besides that, Raleigh is really one of the most active subforumss on this entire site. It has more posts than a number of larger cities out there.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:00 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
As of this moment, Charlotte's forum has 36,730 posts. The Triangle forum has 49,306 posts. One theory could be that the Triangle is slightly more technology oriented than Charlotte, so the population, both newcomers and longtime residents, tends to be heavier forum users in general?

The Triangle and Charlotte forums are more comparable in terms of forum volume than the Triad forum, which is the standout when it comes to lower volumes of posts, especially in light of its substantial population. There are some great longtime regulars on the Triad forum, no doubt, but the volumes of posters and topics are noticeably slower (at just 4,544 posts) than the Triangle and Charlotte, which both move much more quickly.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:10 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I think you should also take into consideration that the Charlotte Metro is essentially split up into two threads: The Charlotte subforum in NC, & the York/Lancaster subforum in SC. Besides that, Raleigh is really one of the most active subforumss on this entire site. It has more posts than a number of larger cities out there.
More than many state subforums even IIRC.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:00 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
As stated on the first page, its the 2nd busiet city forum after New York City, and has more posts than all the states except 5. When you adjust this to the population of Raleigh...phew, NC lovessss Citydata.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:30 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
??? Isn't Charlotte suppose to be the premier/dominate area in NC ???
I honestly don't think there is a Charlotte vs anywhere in the Carolinas. In reality, it's Charlotte vs Matthews/Concord/Pineville/Weddington/Indian Trail etc. The same can be said about Raleigh vs Cary/Durham/Apex etc.

In Charlotte's case, the central city is now evolving rapidly. Everyday, cental Charlotte moves closer to looking and feeling like a real city. The video below talks about one of the newest apartments in uptown. Some of the amenities in this place are impressive to me (the bike repair center caught my attention).

Old 10-11-2016, 10:04 PM

464 posts, read 523,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
As stated on the first page, its the 2nd busiet city forum after New York City, and has more posts than all the states except 5. When you adjust this to the population of Raleigh...phew, NC lovessss Citydata.
Let's keep it between Raleigh and Charlotte though. Charlotte has no business being below the Triangle. It's the dominate city right?

Old 10-11-2016, 10:09 PM

464 posts, read 523,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I honestly don't think there is a Charlotte vs anywhere in the Carolinas. In reality, it's Charlotte vs Matthews/Concord/Pineville/Weddington/Indian Trail etc. The same can be said about Raleigh vs Cary/Durham/Apex etc.

In Charlotte's case, the central city is now evolving rapidly. Everyday, cental Charlotte moves closer to looking and feeling like a real city. The video below talks about one of the newest apartments in uptown. Some of the amenities in this place are impressive to me (the bike repair center caught my attention).

Raleigh has similar vids out there. It's just as much a "real city" as Charlotte. It's rapid growth, despite Charlotte supposedly being the dominate area, attests to that fact, does it not?

Old 10-11-2016, 10:46 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
Let's keep it between Raleigh and Charlotte though. Charlotte has no business being below the Triangle. It's the dominate city right?
Neither city has business being in top ~5 most posted on CD, but they are. Neither are dominant cities in terms of the US, especially Raleigh.

Its just how CD works.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:52 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Why do you think this?

The Charlotte area and the Triangle area are the two largest areas of NC.

Charlotte is (to me) a bit more southern feeling. Probably because so much of the Triangle is full of transplants.

Both areas have their merits.

When it comes to jobs, Charlotte has finance and The Triangle has tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina