Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 05:37 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

I notice several threads relevant to Hickory are found in the North Carolina, Charlotte, and Western North Carolina fora.

I would like to propose an idea for a sub-forum for Hickory.

"When are new local sub-forums added?"
Quote:
A: New sub-forums are added when there are enough threads about the area. This decision is not based on the population of the area. We prefer not to add sub-forums for large geographical areas. Adding a local sub-forum requires moving all previous threads related to the area into the new sub-forum, so it's not a very quick procedure.
Hickory and Catawba County would be the primary focus of the new sub-forum. If surrounding areas including the cities of Lenoir and Morganton and the counties of Alexander, Burke, and Caldwell should be included, I could support a Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton sub-forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 07:51 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,432,987 times
I like the idea, but if we're adding subforums, why not add one for Fayetteville, Wilson-Rocky Mount, and Wilmington while we are at it?

Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
I agree that if one is added for Hickory et.al, then one is needed for Fayetteville. Both are in "no man's land" and threads pertaining to each are scattered among several different forums.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,734,458 times
If new sub-forums were added, don't think Hickory would make the top five. Perhaps more helpful would be some "small print" listing what significant cities that should be included in the larger cities' forums.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Great discussion. Your voices maybe heard better by creating a discussion thread in 'About The Forum'

http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

��

Old 02-18-2017, 02:30 PM

34,090 posts, read 83,000,140 times
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wide_spot_in_the_road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97OPKHtUDg

Old 02-18-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I like the idea, but if we're adding subforums, why not add one for Fayetteville, Wilson-Rocky Mount, and Wilmington while we are at it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
I agree that if one is added for Hickory et.al, then one is needed for Fayetteville. Both are in "no man's land" and threads pertaining to each are scattered among several different forums.
I will support sub-fora for Fayetteville, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Wilmington, and any other city in North Carolina that has a good quantity of quality on-topic threads relevant to a specific city or locality. Wilmington, Greenville, and Fayetteville, in the greatest quantity of threads in descending order, should have support to have sub-fora. I recall a thread, "Fayetteville/Sandhills City-Data Subsection," discussing the idea of a Fayetteville sub-forum. Wilson and Rocky Mount need more quality on-topic threads relevant to them.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
If new sub-forums were added, don't think Hickory would make the top five. Perhaps more helpful would be some "small print" listing what significant cities that should be included in the larger cities' forums.
Each state's sub-fora has a description that specifies which localities it covers.

Example:
  • Fayetteville: Cumberland County, Fort Bragg
  • Greenville: Pitt County
  • Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton: Catawba, Caldwell, Burke, and Alexander counties.
  • Wilmington: New Hanover County

Old 02-19-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Great discussion. Your voices maybe heard better by creating a discussion thread in 'About The Forum'

http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

��
If there is support for a Hickory sub-forum, then the next step is requesting the sub-forum in the aforementioned forum.

These are the proposals for the prospective sub-forum:

Proposal 1
Hickory: Catawba County

Proposal 2
Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton: Catawba, Caldwell, Burke, and Alexander counties

Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 AM

926 posts, read 829,177 times
Fayetteville: Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, Scotland counties and Fort Bragg
To represent Fayetteville CSA AKA The Sandhills AKA Fayetteville-Lumberton-Laurinburg Metropolitan
Unless Fort Bragg wouldn't be included, as it's also in Hoke, Moore and Harnett counties, which technically makes Fort Bragg part of the research Triangle

Wilmington: New Hanover, Bladen, Dare and maybe Onslow counties, that area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina