Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 06:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,526 times

Advertisements

Vroom: Charlotte dealership selling $3M Swedish sports cars

Nov 11Public post

Good morning! Today is Monday, November 11, 2019. Happy Veterans Day, and thank you to those who served.
Need to subscribe? Sign up for free here (charlotteledger.substack.com). Like what you see? Forward to a friend.
Super-luxury automaker Koenigsegg picks Charlotte for 7th U.S. dealership; local demand for high-end cars revs up

If you’ve got $3M to burn on a super-luxury Swedish sports car, you’re in luck.
The Swedish carmaker Koenigsegg is opening a dealership at Metrolina Auto Group near Tyvola Road and I-77, a Metrolina spokeswoman confirmed to the Ledger. Metrolina — which already sells new McLarens and used Bentleys, Lamborghinis and Ferraris — just signed the paperwork in the last few weeks. The dealer doesn’t have any Koenigseggs on the lot, but “if you want to order something, we can definitely assist,” she said. She didn’t have further details.
There are just six other U.S. Koenigseggdealerships, in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago and Beverly Hills. A Koenigsegg website registered by Metrolina Auto Group says “Charlotte coming soon.”
Hot wheels: Those aren’t the Great Smoky Mountains, but super-luxury sports cars from Swedish-based Koenigsegg — like this $3M Koenigsegg Jesko — could start coming to town. Metrolina Auto Group says it has signed an agreement to be one of just seven U.S. dealers.

https://charlotteledger.substack.com/

Old 11-14-2019, 06:38 PM

6,158 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Carroll South of the Ballpark

Can't wait to see this go up across the street from the 9 story Project Slugger (currently under construction) in downtown Greensboro. Construction on the parking deck which this project will wrap around is under construction. An indication the project will move forward.

The rendering shows 15 stories for the office tower but plans call for 20 stories. The project was recently updated on the Carroll Companies website as a future development.

I really hope the blue and yellow panels light up at night like similar panels at other Aloft Hotels. But I wonder if the rooftop bar/pool will be the wxyz bar or a separate bar on the roof. Most of the wxyz bars in Aloft hotels are on the ground level. What I love about the wxyz bars is that they are live music venues. This combined with the street level retail and restaurants in the rest of the development will really generate some decent pedestrian activity along Eugene Street which we are already seeing just north of the ballpark with several restaurants, breweries and a grocery store.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-14-2019 at 07:03 PM..

Old 11-14-2019, 06:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/bu...237375254.html

Sheesh, great job Raleigh. Hopefully this includes affordable housing.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:02 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/bu...237375254.html

Sheesh, great job Raleigh. Hopefully this includes affordable housing.
Seems unlikely that affordable housing will be included but I agree would be nice...this will be a very desirable location with those water features and rooftop destinations so pricey they will be, understandably.

Great job indeed though, what a great location 1 mile from the bulk of NH. They already have signage up. We will soon be able to actually call this district a true midtown. Connect to downtown via BRT and we will be golden.

Look at these renderings. Totally sweet

Old 11-14-2019, 10:41 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Carroll South of the Ballpark

Can't wait to see this go up across the street from the 9 story Project Slugger (currently under construction) in downtown Greensboro. Construction on the parking deck which this project will wrap around is under construction. An indication the project will move forward.

The rendering shows 15 stories for the office tower but plans call for 20 stories. The project was recently updated on the Carroll Companies website as a future development.

I really hope the blue and yellow panels light up at night like similar panels at other Aloft Hotels. But I wonder if the rooftop bar/pool will be the wxyz bar or a separate bar on the roof. Most of the wxyz bars in Aloft hotels are on the ground level. What I love about the wxyz bars is that they are live music venues. This combined with the street level retail and restaurants in the rest of the development will really generate some decent pedestrian activity along Eugene Street which we are already seeing just north of the ballpark with several restaurants, breweries and a grocery store.
Has the 20 story Render been revealed?

Old 11-14-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Has the 20 story Render been revealed?
Not that I'm aware of. But that whole block is fenced off with construction fencing. While the deck will be built in time for the opening of Project Slugger, actual construction on Carroll South of the Ballpark won't begin until next fall. That phase will include the Aloft and apartments.

Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 PM

111 posts, read 143,619 times
Topgolf Swing Suite coming to Fort Bragg, NC.
http://www.wral.com/topgolf-to-add-s...ragg/18761223/

Old 11-17-2019, 07:41 PM

Downtown Greensboro Inc. is inviting the public to a few workshops to get the public's reaction and suggestions for a 2030 downtown plan. One of the ideas in the plan was a little shocking.

"Build a multi-use arena: It would be designed to showcase music, sports, conferences and more. The arena "will build on the momentum in the Ballpark neighborhood, bringing thousands of visitors to downtown each year."

The questions I'd have where would an arena be built near the ballpark? How big would it be? Also how would this affect the Greensboro Coliseum Complex? Who will pay for it?

I know many cities have multiple arenas. If it were to come to fruition, it would likely be a small arena between 5,000 and 10,000 seating capacity. Certainly nothing the size of the Greensboro Coliseum arena. I guess a small arena could be built on the Greensboro Merchants Association property on the southeast corner of Eugene and Bellemeade Streets diagonally across from the ballpark. A portion of Sternberger Place would likely have to be closed to make way for it and it would be across the street from Carroll South of the Ballpark/Aloft to the west and Carroll at Bellemeade/Hyatt Place to the north. The site is also 2 blocks west of the performing arts center. It could also bring hockey back to Greensboro and the NBA G League Greensboro Swarm, Charlotte Hornets affiliate, could relocate there. Parking would not be an issue with two city parking decks within a block.

I love the idea of a downtown arena, particularly near the ballpark, but some questions need to be answered first.

As for transit connecting the colleges and neighborhoods to downtown, self driving shuttles sounds interesting. In some ways more interesting than streetcars.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...7f0751931.html

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-17-2019 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-17-2019, 11:13 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,940,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Seems unlikely that affordable housing will be included but I agree would be nice...this will be a very desirable location with those water features and rooftop destinations so pricey they will be, understandably.

Great job indeed though, what a great location 1 mile from the bulk of NH. They already have signage up. We will soon be able to actually call this district a true midtown. Connect to downtown via BRT and we will be golden.

Look at these renderings. Totally sweet
A group needs to be formed to make sure that the trees along the Beltline aren’t cut down. Force the developer to save as many as possible.

Without trees I’m every view, NC is as ugly as most other states.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:21 PM

Did a little site sketch.

The red area is a potential arena site in downtown Greensboro. The green areas are hotels. The one to the north is Hyatt Place and the green area on the undeveloped site is the future 9-story Aloft Hotel. The shaded blue areas are future residential. The shaded yellow areas are office development. The one at the ballpark is the 9 story Project Slugger and the shaded yellow area across the street is the future site of Roy Carroll's 20-story office tower. The shaded purple area is the 8 story 1,000 space city parking deck. The 8 story Bellemeade deck to the east is just out of view on the map.

The site could easily fit an 8,000 seat arena.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.