Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,701 times

Advertisements

I am a 26 yrs old African American woman currently living in Boston MA. I plan on relocating to NC in the summer and start my career as a nurse. I would like some info on the best place to live for a single black young professional to live? I am also looking for a church (Protestant and possibly black or mix, but not all white).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Churches are abundant of every denomination. I would concentrate on Charlotte, the triangle, or the triad for more options in what you are looking for

Old 04-04-2008, 04:52 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscanogbou View Post
I am a 26 yrs old African American woman currently living in Boston MA. I plan on relocating to NC in the summer and start my career as a nurse. I would like some info on the best place to live for a single black young professional to live? I am also looking for a church (Protestant and possibly black or mix, but not all white).
I love Charlotte and I love my church soooooooo much. I am a member of Steele Creek Church of Charlotte and we are a very diverse church with over 50 countries represented. We have rich, poor, street people, jewish converts, muslin converts and even some lost boys from Sudan.

Please let me know if you decide to come to Charlotte and I will gladly meet you to go with you to visit our church.

Good Luck with your search!

Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
I love Charlotte and I love my church soooooooo much. I am a member of Steele Creek Church of Charlotte and we are a very diverse church with over 50 countries represented. We have rich, poor, street people, jewish converts, muslin converts and even some lost boys from Sudan.

Please let me know if you decide to come to Charlotte and I will gladly meet you to go with you to visit our church.

Good Luck with your search!
Thank you for your reply. I want to visit your church website and i really like what i read. I will definatly contact you to visit the church when i move to Charlotte.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscanogbou View Post
Thank you for your reply. I want to visit your church website and i really like what i read. I will definatly contact you to visit the church when i move to Charlotte.
Look forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in your search for a new home.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 PM

77 posts, read 217,580 times
Hello. Moderator cut: tos violation There are many places you might consider in Charlotte. There are even home builders who offer discouts to nurses "hometown heros." With regard to Churches, there are many that will fit your needs. I have friends that attend The Park Ministries - Home

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-05-2008 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-06-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveItCharlotte View Post
Hello. Moderator cut: tos violation There are many places you might consider in Charlotte. There are even home builders who offer discouts to nurses "hometown heros." With regard to Churches, there are many that will fit your needs. I have friends that attend The Park Ministries - Home
Hey thanks. i want on the church website, i think i will visit it also.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 AM

115 posts, read 323,676 times
Can't say anything about churches in Raleigh - I only went to two in downtown Raleigh. I grew up near Charlotte, but I have not lived there as an adult. I lived in or near Raleigh through college, law school and after for about 10 years. I think the Raleigh-Durham area is more progressive than Charlotte generally. I think the area benefits from the number of universities there, and I like the feel more for that reason. If I was loaded, I'd live nearer to Chapel Hill, but alas, it is very overpriced or at least was when I lived there. I think there are regional differences also. I think that western and eastern NC have a different feel. As I can't advise you on specifics on churches, if you have specific questions, please feel free to post more or pm me. Best of luck!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocutter View Post
Can't say anything about churches in Raleigh - I only went to two in downtown Raleigh. I grew up near Charlotte, but I have not lived there as an adult. I lived in or near Raleigh through college, law school and after for about 10 years. I think the Raleigh-Durham area is more progressive than Charlotte generally. I think the area benefits from the number of universities there, and I like the feel more for that reason. If I was loaded, I'd live nearer to Chapel Hill, but alas, it is very overpriced or at least was when I lived there. I think there are regional differences also. I think that western and eastern NC have a different feel. As I can't advise you on specifics on churches, if you have specific questions, please feel free to post more or pm me. Best of luck!

Thanks for the input. I have read that Raleigh is a better place for student and young families than it is for a young single professional who wants to meet people. I don't know if this is true, but it is a common theme in the posts. You said that you went to two churches in downtown Raleigh, how did you like them? did you feel they were diversified or..?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM

13 posts, read 37,594 times
Charlotte is a great place to live and work. Many churches here are multicultural and represent Charlotte which is very diverse and a melting pot. There is a new church in the University Area that is multicultural and reaches out to the community. Welcome to Real Family Fellowship! - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina