Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:41 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,008,208 times

Advertisements

I found a great place in the mountains near Asheville, 4 miles from TN border, 15 ac, barn, pasture, 3 homes. There are 2 other offers now and I'm likely not to get the place. Dang, so close, yet so far. I won't know for sure for a day or two, but from what I hear the other offers were for more. A little quicker getting the paperwork done, it would have been a done deal and no other competition.

Tony

Last edited by Tony1790; 12-23-2006 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: to delete anything remotely negative :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2006, 08:48 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
I found a great place in the mountains near Asheville, 4 miles from TN border, 15 ac, barn, pasture, 3 homes for $208,000. They were asking $258,000, but I negotitated downwards. But thanks to my slow realtor, there are 2 other offers now and I'm likely not to get the place. Dang, so close, yet so far. I won't know for sure for a day or two, but from what I hear the other offers were for more. A little quicker getting the paperwork done, it would have been a done deal and no other competition.

Wish me better luck on the next one, I'm making the move from WA state to NC or maybe TN. But NC is home (been gone 20 yrs)

Tony in WA
Which county is the property in?

Old 12-23-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Which county is the property in?
I'm leery about saying which county, I don't want to get anymore specific in case the realtor in question is online and I don't want to slander anyone. I hope that you aren't my realtor :-)

It's enough to say that I'm disappointed in the level of service and it's sad to see a nice property slip past. But I will find a good one soon enough.

Tony

Old 12-23-2006, 09:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
I'm leery about saying which county, I don't want to get anymore specific in case the realtor in question is online and I don't want to slander anyone. I hope that you aren't my realtor :-)

It's enough to say that I'm disappointed in the level of service and it's sad to see a nice property slip past. But I will find a good one soon enough.

Tony
How about the last letter of the county's name or PM me?

Old 12-23-2006, 09:10 PM

43 posts, read 159,488 times
Wish Me Luck, I'm Gettin That Same Property For Christmas........

Old 12-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARLAN13 View Post
Wish Me Luck, I'm Gettin That Same Property For Christmas........
Not sure if it's the very same property, but on the off chance that it is, have you finalized the offer on both sides, I haven't heard definitely, either way. If it is the same property, then I hate you, :-)

But seriously, good luck, enjoy yourself on it and I'll get the next one.

Tony

Old 12-23-2006, 09:49 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
Unfortunatley the good ones go fast. No I am not a realtor. We lost two homes as well in our search. No ones fault. You can assume the paperwork on your end was slow but honestly you don't know when these other offers looked at the property and how long it took them to decided and write it up. Just in case you don't get this one know that everything happens for a reason. We are so thankful we did not get the other two homes we offered on now I wish you luck!

Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Unfortunatley the good ones go fast. No I am not a realtor. We lost two homes as well in our search. No ones fault. You can assume the paperwork on your end was slow but honestly you don't know when these other offers looked at the property and how long it took them to decided and write it up. Just in case you don't get this one know that everything happens for a reason. We are so thankful we did not get the other two homes we offered on now I wish you luck!
Thanks,

Are you still in So Cal? Where at? I was stationed in San Pedro, lived in Orange county, CA. I'm in WA state now, making the move back home to NC or maybe E. TN depending on where I can find a home on acreage.

Tony

Old 12-24-2006, 06:34 AM

244 posts, read 714,825 times
My experience with several Black Mountain and Asheville-area realtors was very disappointing. They just didn't seem interested in working very hard. I'm not saying that they are all that way but all of the ones that I contacted were so. I don't know if it was the hot real estate market, a slower approach to life, a combo of both of these things, or maybe I just ask too many inconvenient questions. I finally found one in McDowell County who is a gem and that's where I ended up spending my money.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:49 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
It wasn't meant to be.
Things have a funny way of working out for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina