Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 04:31 PM

653 posts, read 221,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
But you're entire premise seems to be that older = wisdom = conservatism. You have no idea what the political makeup of the youngster are not wearing mask at bars or others that are out and about. We know that Trump has vowed not to wear a mask and a majority of his supporters followed suit...that "wisdom" is coming through loud and clear.
Just saw COVID Corey on the news. Is this the Trump supporter type you are referring to as the only ones not wearing masks?

COVID Corey

Old 07-12-2020, 09:49 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,584,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
Why not just admit the difference between what you and I are saying. You want to try to convince the world 100% of the people not wearing masks are Trumpers, even though you can watch video of the crazy Trumpers at Trump rallies and see the majority are older folks. I am trying to enlighten people to the fact that a completely different demographic is what we are seeing in all the bars without masks, so I am saying there is a lot of blame to go around when it comes to not wearing masks. Trumpers, non Trumpers, Conservatives, Liberals, Independents. Now you feel the need to tie it all to just Trumpers, because you are a Democrat and your number one goal is to vilify the other side, so your side can win. I get it. I despise the two party system, thus will never vote for a D or R. Because of my independence from political allegiances, I have no problem realizing both sides and those in the middle are going without masks and I can easily acknowledge the young folks in the bars without masks are certainly nothing like the Trumper crazies I see at the rallies and many are indeed liberals. Carry on.

Why are you wasting time trying to convince a liberal of anything? It simply won't happen. All they will do is attack your character then add you to their ignore list to prevent them from seeing any type of nonsense which goes against their beliefs.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:01 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,282,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Why are you wasting time trying to convince a liberal of anything? It simply won't happen. All they will do is attack your character then add you to their ignore list to prevent them from seeing any type of nonsense which goes against their beliefs.
Fixed it for you. It's practically impossible to convince a conservative of anything. It simply won't happen. All they do is attack your character then add you to their ignore list to prevent them from seeing any type of nonsense which goes against beliefs.

Lol, not sure why people think their convictions are so righteous that the other side doesn't make sense. All I'm pointing out is that the entire anti-mask brigade was created by Trump and has band of followers. It indirectly and directly influenced people to not wear mask and created a false narrative about how dangerous the pandemic really is.

As to the liberal youth driving or impacting the numbers? Maybe, but they're along for the ride...The top dog set the agenda and behavior...that's neither liberal or conservative. Deal with it, a fact. It is what it is.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:00 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,732,559 times
Ya'll need to grow the hell up and behave like adults. Stop treating damn politics like sports and look outside your armchair internet warrior echo chambers. This thread is an embarrassing example of what this forum and nation has evolved into.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:27 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,584,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Fixed it for you. It's practically impossible to convince a conservative of anything. It simply won't happen. All they do is attack your character then add you to their ignore list to prevent them from seeing any type of nonsense which goes against beliefs.

Lol, not sure why people think their convictions are so righteous that the other side doesn't make sense. All I'm pointing out is that the entire anti-mask brigade was created by Trump and has band of followers. It indirectly and directly influenced people to not wear mask and created a false narrative about how dangerous the pandemic really is.

As to the liberal youth driving or impacting the numbers? Maybe, but they're along for the ride...The top dog set the agenda and behavior...that's neither liberal or conservative. Deal with it, a fact. It is what it is.

I believe it was the liberals in the streets acting like maniacs not only destroying people's lives and property but selfishly taking away attention from an important movement.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:35 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,260,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I believe it was the liberals in the streets acting like maniacs not only destroying people's lives and property but selfishly taking away attention from an important movement.
There is a ton of attention on the blm movement. Most people were only vaguely, if at all familiar with it before the protests.
Yes people who loot and destroy are bad. But the protesters have caught my attention and informed the country about the inequities in policing and in a more general sense. The spotlight is shining very bright and it’s a national conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina