Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM

628 posts, read 398,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I don’t ever recall numbers like these https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chi...oting/6280115/ regarding white on white deaths. Stick your head in the sand and believe there isn’t a unbelievable issue with BOB homicides all you want but statistics don’t lie.
I don't think I'm the one with my head in the sand. YMMV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 06:59 PM

597 posts, read 448,679 times
R.I.P. the little girl Hope that scum never sees freedom again

Old 06-29-2020, 08:41 PM

19 posts, read 22,065 times
This is the most card exposing thread I’ve ever read on this board. This thread is proof this country has gone back 90 or 100 years. However I guess it is needed though because there has been a lot of fake holding hands nonsense going on the past 50 to 60 years. The Caucasian's in this thread are really showing what they really feel about blacks. I’m quite sure you can find plenty of stories of white on white crime by the way... so stop deflecting.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:16 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
The only black and white issue here is that apparently people go to church a couple of days a week, but once they leave they forget why and what they gathered to learn. Love thy neighbor, do onto others as you would have them do undo you, thou shall not kill, etc. etc. have fallen by the wayside.

How hard can it be NOT to assault another person?

Maybe Clerow Wilson Jr. (RIP) said it best, "The Devil made me do it!" or, "Violence is a tool of the ignorant".

Old 06-30-2020, 01:30 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
‘Black Lives Matter’ to blacks only when taken by whites, justified or not. The daily, weekly, monthly carnage of black on black is unbelievable. Look at the numbers of ‘lives’ lost every day without a word from those willing to destroy everything in sight if a single black life is lost to a white police officer. BLM will matter when blacks start doing something about their bigger problem ... BOB
More ignorance from someone who only pays attention to the most sensationalist media stories. Even then you aren't totally paying attention (e.g., Freddie Gray protests/riots).

Old 06-30-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
If justice was working properly, this criminal would not have been released from jail aft just having threatened someone with a gun, just to pick up another gun to kill this little girl. So yes a protest march is needed to prevent criminals like this from being realized from jail in the first place. If he was kept in jail, this little girl would still be alive. We need much tougher laws to keep criminal behind bars.
I agree that in too many cases, there's a big revolving door in place and people who absolutely should remain locked up are released prematurely. I don't know the specifics surrounding this guy's release though, specifically whether he was released in connection with the potential spread of COVID-19 in jails and prisons which is an extenuating circumstance. Even so, a charge involving a gun doesn't sound like an acceptable exception to me.

But it seems like you would like to organize such a march. Go ahead and do it if you truly feel a burden to do so.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:55 PM

653 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I agree that in too many cases, there's a big revolving door in place and people who absolutely should remain locked up are released prematurely. I don't know the specifics surrounding this guy's release though, specifically whether he was released in connection with the potential spread of COVID-19 in jails and prisons which is an extenuating circumstance. Even so, a charge involving a gun doesn't sound like an acceptable exception to me.

But it seems like you would like to organize such a march. Go ahead and do it if you truly feel a burden to do so.
I agree with your post. That revolving door is the big issue that needs to be addressed. I have no experience in organizing large scale protests. I was hoping to join one of the many large scale protests that I am told already exist for standing up for Little Innocent Black Girls because their lives matter LIBGLM, but I have not been able to locate such a protest yet. I can't find the schedule and the news has not been highlighting this one.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I agree with your post. That revolving door is the big issue that needs to be addressed. I have no experience in organizing large scale protests. I was hoping to join one of the many large scale protests that I am told already exist for standing up for Little Innocent Black Girls because their lives matter LIBGLM, but I have not been able to locate such a protest yet. I can't find the schedule and the news has not been highlighting this one.
You don't need to have experience; Dr. King had zero experience with protests before organizing the Montgomery Bus Boycott and he went on to be a history-maker--and that was before the era of social media and 24-hour news networks. Use the tools that are available to you and don't make excuses for why it can't be done, and even more, stop waiting for someone else to do what you feel should be done. You be the change you want to see in the world. At the least, you can contact the family and express your wishes to organize a protest or demonstration and I'm sure they would greatly appreciate that and also be able to help.

And I pray to Almighty God that you're as serious as a heart attack about this and aren't using a most horrible tragedy involving a child only to score political points. I really, really hope this isn't the case and I hope you're honest with yourself and with God concerning your motives here.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:17 PM

653 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
You don't need to have experience; Dr. King had zero experience with protests before organizing the Montgomery Bus Boycott and he went on to be a history-maker--and that was before the era of social media and 24-hour news networks. Use the tools that are available to you and don't make excuses for why it can't be done, and even more, stop waiting for someone else to do what you feel should be done. You be the change you want to see in the world. At the least, you can contact the family and express your wishes to organize a protest or demonstration and I'm sure they would greatly appreciate that and also be able to help.

And I pray to Almighty God that you're as serious as a heart attack about this and aren't using a most horrible tragedy involving a child only to score political points. I really, really hope this isn't the case and I hope you're honest with yourself and with God concerning your motives here.
No excuse making. Someone here mentioned that these protests for Innocent Little Black Girls Lives Matter ILBGLM were held all the time and are covered on national media all the time. I am just looking for the state and local schedule for this protest. I am having the darnedest time locating it.

On the other note, I don't believe in a God so I can't help you there.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:31 PM

807 posts, read 688,549 times
Quote:
Because whenever a Black man kills anybody, a Black man is going to jail (whether it was the actual perpetrator or not). There's no need to march and protest for justice or in support of structural policy changes in such instances. That's the difference, plus the power of media. The biggest protests against police brutality in general these days are those that have several eyewitnesses and occur under suspect circumstances or those that were recorded by bystanders or police body cams. Do you think there would have been any mass protests, riots, or mass demonstrations had TV cameras not captured Rodney King's beating at the hands of police? The fact of the matter is that if you saw even a small portion of the video recording Floyd's last minutes on this earth and consider yourself a logical human being with a moral center, you wouldn't be equivocating at all about the current protests. No "whataboutisms", no deflecting, no casting doubts, nothing like that would characterize your words on the matter. Point blank, period. Nobody deserves to leave this world like that over an accusation of attempting to pass a counterfeit $20 bill.
Not in Chicago where less than 22% of black murders are solved (and given that most violence is interracial, it is safe to assume that a large majority of those particular murderers were black)....

I have said here on C-D and numerous other forums I'm on that the officer who killed George Floyd, and the ones who let it happen, were all complete pieces of s*** and should be locked up forever. Granted, Floyd was not the angel that the media has been portraying him as, but his death was completely inexcusable and the peaceful protests (not the riots) were more than justified.

Quote:
You guys are having the BIGGEST heart attack over semantics. BLM has a targeted focus, just like every other social justice/civic organization. You expect one organization to be concerned about every possible threat to the lives of Black people just because it is named "Black Lives Matter"? That's just ridiculous and unrealistic.
I don't expect them to be concerned about every technically possible threat to the lives of black people. It's not like I'm on here arguing about BLM refusing to raise awareness of a meteor possibly hitting a black neighborhood, because that would be so ridiculously unlikely that it's not even worth discussing. But come on....per the FBI, in 2018 there were more murders committed by blacks than whites nationwide (3,177 vs 3,011), despite blacks making up less than 13% of the US population (whites account for roughly 70% of the US population by comparison)! Maybe if the roughly 89% of black lives that were lost due to other blacks don't really matter to BLM, they shouldn't call themselves Black Lives Matter...

I don't even agree with the conservatives who say that "saying black lives matter is racist because it implies those lives matter more than others," or immediately start saying "all lives matter" any time someone says black lives matter, but seriously wtf If you're going to say that black lives matter, all black lives should freaking matter.

Quote:
There are already many other organizations dedicated to the cause of gun violence in local communities all across America and they bring attention to that cause in multiple ways. However, state-sanctioned violence is especially bad because it is...state-sanctioned, maybe not in the letter of the law but in the spirit of the law in many cases. Until BLM came into being, there weren't many prominent ones with a focus on police brutality, police reform, and things like "Stand Your Ground" laws and so some folks came together and decided to do something about that. But the fact of the matter is that the group could've been named Make America Great Again and folks would still be complaining because that's what certain folks have always done whenever Black people stand up for ourselves and make demands for equal treatment and protection under the law in practice and not just on paper, which is our right as American citizens. The same criticisms were leveled against the Civil Rights movement, so this is nothing new at all. And it's very telling that people like yourself always register more and louder complaints against the protests and protestors than what they are actually protesting but that, too, is nothing new.
I'm complaining because there are nationwide protests when a black person is unjustifiably killed by a white person/police officer, and then nationwide crickets when a black person is unjustifiably killed by a black person, despite the latter being what actually happens much much more regularly. I'm not saying that police reform doesn't need to happen, or anything like that, but we could literally reform everything to the demands of BLM, and if there are still roughly numerically-equal numbers of murders committed by blacks and whites when one group accounts for 13% of the population and the other 70%, then there's still obviously a massive problem that everyone is too afraid to talk about because people like yourself get offended by statistics and start playing the race card at every opportunity.

Quote:
And I should also point out that by targeting police violence and brutality in particular, BLM actually IS addressing the scourge of violence in too many Black communities. That violence and brutality creates wide mistrust of the police in such communities which is a major contributor to increasing incidents of violent interpersonal conflicts and street justice. Read more here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-trust-report
Yeah....no. Most violence against blacks is committed by other blacks, not police. As noted above, roughly 89% of black murders are committed by other blacks.

Quote:
The funny thing is that you say BLM would have found a way to protest in Forest City if they wanted to be there despite the absence of a local chapter, but if that happened, you'd be the first to complain about George Soros busing in outside paid protestors to stir up trouble. Furthermore, community violence is first and foremost a local matter. Is violent crime in Forest City a particularly vexing issue? Is this recent tragic incident more the exception or the norm? Those would also be relevant factors when it comes to any group holding mass demonstrations in a small town due to this particular incident.
If there is no trouble, then what is there to complain about exactly? I doubt any reasonable person would be complaining if their city wasn't being vandalized. But when protests are regularly overrun by rioters/looters, it casts the entire movement in a negative light.

Quote:
And don't think BLM and Black folks in general are only outraged when a White/non-Black police officer unjustifiably kills a civilian. Ask any of of us and we'll readily tell you that Black officers can be the worst offenders when it comes to police brutality as Black people are well capable of carrying out anti-Black racist acts. Did you not pay attention during the riots over the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore?
Actions speak louder than words, and until primarily-black groups such as BLM make black-on-black violence a focal point, I personally will have a difficult time taking them seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina