Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 08:32 AM

8 posts, read 13,942 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm moving from King NC to Fayetteville NC. I'm having a real hard time finding a real estate agent in Fayetteville, who will help me find a place to live.

I've been in touch with two realtors there and both act as if I'm bothering them. I currently have a contract on my house and the closing date is 7/21/21, so time is of the essence to find something and try to close on both places, close to the same time.

Is there any realtors in this forum who will help me in that area.

Thank you!!

Gina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 06:50 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gch5011 View Post
... I'm having a real hard time finding a real estate agent in Fayetteville, who will help me find a place to live.........
I assume you are looking for a place to buy. It is military transfer season now at Fort Bragg, and Realtors will be very busy. You might try MilitaryByOwner, and specify Fort Bragg. There are 17 homes in Fayetteville in a variety of prices. Five of them af for sale by a real estate agent. The actual selling owners owners are probably more skilled with military transfers.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:55 AM

926 posts, read 829,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I assume you are looking for a place to buy. It is military transfer season now at Fort Bragg, and Realtors will be very busy. You might try MilitaryByOwner, and specify Fort Bragg. There are 17 homes in Fayetteville in a variety of prices. Five of them af for sale by a real estate agent. The actual selling owners owners are probably more skilled with military transfers.
Why would you limit yourself to 17 homes?
There are hundreds of homes for sale in the Fayetteville area between just the hot range of $250,000-$400,000.

From my understanding, finding a home in Fayetteville will be difficult, as the job market there has skyrocketed like never seen before, and the housing market is booming into national leadership. I have a friend whose house sold 6 hours after listing it for $35,000 above asking price in west Fayetteville.

With nearly 1000 medical research jobs entering the city & 600 jobs from Amazon in just 2 months of announcements, along with several hundred others, to include a flagship location for a grill manufacturer, and the expansion of Lockheed Martin, I assume it’s safe to say housing costs will continue to skyrocket. The house I lived in just two years ago in the suburbs of Fayetteville was valued at $313K - now it’s at $355K (I still get emails on it). Housing prices are going up all over the nation, but this is a very subtle increase for the region, especially to not be within city limits.

I do not recommend going through a “military realtor”.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:05 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
[quote=Archer705;61228534].... With nearly 1000 medical research jobs entering the city & 600 jobs from Amazon in just 2 months of announcements, along with several hundred others, to include a flagship location for a grill manufacturer, and the expansion of Lockheed Martin, I assume it’s safe to say housing costs will continue to skyrocket..... [./QUOTE]

I did not realize there was so much commercial growth, including an Amazon location. You may be right not to stick with a "military friendly" agent.

I suggest that the OP pick maybe 6 houses, and 6 alternates. Then they should tell a Realtor when they will be in town to see them. I think they should be prepared to make an on-the-spot offer above the listing price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina