Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 01:49 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times

Advertisements

Raleigh clocked in at 30, and is not pictured in the slideshow despite Raleigh’s market being white hot with 27616 popping up on everyone’s reports as a top 5 hottest zip in the country …but nonetheless …

bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/10/07/hottest-housing-markets-in-the-us-comparisons.html

Amazing feat for the Old North State. Come a mighty long way, y’all.

Last edited by UserNamesake; 10-20-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2021, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 10,846 times
Just read it. good information. Thank you.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:54 AM

6 posts, read 10,846 times
What are your thoughts between GA and NC. I'm trying to decide if I want to move to GA or NC. I understand I'd have to visit and decide on my own. But, just wanted to hear someone else is thoughts.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:04 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,784,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsusukigsxr View Post
What are your thoughts between GA and NC. I'm trying to decide if I want to move to GA or NC. I understand I'd have to visit and decide on my own. But, just wanted to hear someone else is thoughts.
I have been to both States many times and have family living in NC and one family was near Charlotte until they had to move to help a family member in another State. I looked at living in GA and would definitely pick NC. Now I liked the coast, but Charlotte and Raleigh are both reasonably close, with Raleigh maybe a bit closer.

Old 10-21-2021, 02:26 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
NC is more diverse in terms of cities and how many options there are. GA has Atlanta and Savannah as main choices while NC offers Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington as primary options. GA has a sliver of mountains and an equally smaller coast. NC has plentiful mountainous areas and a long coastline. Raleigh and Charlotte tend more buttoned up/business oriented, Durham has some but is more eclectic and artsy as is Winston Salem, but to a lesser degree than Durham. Greensboro is closer to Raleigh in identity but less developed. Asheville is well known for it's high livability factor and for a coastal city Wilmington fares well in terms of mixing it with more than just tourism which seems more Savannah's schtick. For pure comparison by cities, Atlanta wins in my opinion by a shade over Charlotte. Otherwise, NC just offers so much more than GA in my opinion.

Old 10-22-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
North Carolina easily for the reasons others have stated. Atlanta has been carrying Georgia for yeeears. As another poster mentioned, aside from Savannah … and maybe, maybe Augusta …there’s really not much there in GA outside of the greater Atlanta area that compares with NC. Georgia is actually country af. Lol One of the most rural states I’ve been through in the southeast.

Old 10-23-2021, 08:40 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,110,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
NC is more diverse in terms of cities and how many options there are. GA has Atlanta and Savannah as main choices while NC offers Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Charlotte, Asheville and Wilmington as primary options. GA has a sliver of mountains and an equally smaller coast. NC has plentiful mountainous areas and a long coastline. Raleigh and Charlotte tend more buttoned up/business oriented, Durham has some but is more eclectic and artsy as is Winston Salem, but to a lesser degree than Durham. Greensboro is closer to Raleigh in identity but less developed. Asheville is well known for it's high livability factor and for a coastal city Wilmington fares well in terms of mixing it with more than just tourism which seems more Savannah's schtick. For pure comparison by cities, Atlanta wins in my opinion by a shade over Charlotte. Otherwise, NC just offers so much more than GA in my opinion.
Metro Augusta is over 600K. I don’t understand how Georgia only has two options, but NC has multiple primary options including smaller Asheville and Wilmington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
North Carolina easily for the reasons others have stated. Atlanta has been carrying Georgia for yeeears. As another poster mentioned, aside from Savannah … and maybe, maybe Augusta …there’s really not much there in GA outside of the greater Atlanta area that compares with NC. Georgia is actually country af. Lol One of the most rural states I’ve been through in the southeast.
Why is Augusta a maybe? It’s the second largest metro and economy in Georgia. Pretty much has everything a large city has(Dave & Busters, Top Golf, Costco, etc) besides Saks, IKEA, etc.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:55 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,941,307 times
Quote:
GA and NC dovetail each other. Everything great in each sucks in the other.

GA does true big city atmosphere well.

NC has much better state government and stewardship of the entire state's amenities and resources.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:02 PM

5 posts, read 8,378 times
NC has much better state government and stewardship of the entire state's amenities and resources. @architech77 Could you elaborate a little on your comment? I too am thinking to relocate to NC, and I'm learning about the different cities. Thank you in advance of your time.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
GA and NC dovetail each other. Everything great in each sucks in the other.

GA does true big city atmosphere well.

NC has much better state government and stewardship of the entire state's amenities and resources.
How? GA only has one “big city!” Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina