Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 02:03 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I saw a House Hunters episode about a family moving from NY to NC and the wife said she liked the second floor balcony of a house they looked at so she could see any snakes in the yard before going out there. She said snakes were all over the place there. Is that true?
Are you from the city, suburbs or rural area where you are now? Yes there are snakes! Perhaps not in downtown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 06:55 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,497,335 times
You'll feel right at home in either the Triangle or Charlotte.

#1 source of growth from relocation to Charlotte is from the NYC-NJ Metro Area.
NYC-NJ is also top 2 or 3 for where people are moving from to the Raleigh/Durham Area.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:25 PM

15 posts, read 28,429 times
A real estate agent I know calls Greensboro and the Triad the best value in North Carolina, and from what I've seen, I'd concur. Yeah, Raleigh-Durham-CH (ie, the Triangle) and Charlotte are more exciting, but they're also more sprawl-infested and way more expensive. I moved here last year from upstate. Burlington strikes me as kind of the Utica of North Carolina: A once-proud and prosperous industrial small city that fell on hard times as the industry moved away or shriveled up; it's on the way back up but has a long way to go. That said, Whitsett and Graham might work for you; just visit first, of course. Kernersville or western Guilford County might be good to see. You can go to Winston or G'boro for things pretty easily. Or go farther east than Burlington and check out Mebane. (Pronounced "mebbin"). It's halfway between both metros so you have more work options if you're willing to commute. Do know it's a pretty hot housing market at the moment. It's also hot in the summer, but that's another topic!

As for snakes: I'm yet to see one. Sounds like a tall tale or an isolated incident.

Read up on real estate practices here first. Especially regarding due diligence fees, known elsewhere as earnest money. The upside of a pro-business state is a booming economy; the downside is buyer beware (among other things).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina