Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 08:35 PM

110 posts, read 456,070 times

Advertisements

Hi all -
I haven't posted in awhile - too busy driving across the country! What a trip, sunny and dry all the way. Not too cold even in Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado. This is one big country. First time I've ever driven all the way across.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. We moved into our new home less than a week ago. We are in a great neighborhood north of Goldsboro. Very quiet and peaceful. The subdivision is just one street wide so all the houses on both sides back up to woods. We have an acre lot, the back half is wooded, and in back of that is a cotton field. I love it here! (So far, anyway - ask me again in August....

What I need now is furniture. We got rid of a bunch of stuff in Oregon. I've seen lots of billboards for furniture stores. We planned to go last Sunday, but everything was closed. Can anyone recommend good furniture stores near Goldsboro? Seems like there are quite a few in Smithfield. I really don't want to go all the way to Raleigh. Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
The Red Shed on Rt. 13 just outside of town has some decent furniture. It's not Ethan Allen but it's also not Walmart either. My wife and I get almost everything we buy there. Great prices.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 AM

18 posts, read 74,781 times
Thumbs up Furniture proximal to Goldsboro

You will be happily surprised if you'll take a short drive in the direction of Rocky Mount, to Hardee's Furniture. Hardee's is located between Wilson and Rocky Mount, near Sharpsburg - it's on the right (northbound) side of the highway and you will see billboards for it once you leave Wilson. The actual address is 4863 Hwy. 301 S, Rocky Mount.

Hardee's has a wonderful selection of good quality, but fairly priced furniture for all rooms of your home. The sales people are extremely nice and willing to be of help. Mr. Hardee himself is frequently there in the showroom. What I really like is that often, you can buy and take the item home the same day - unlike many stores that require you to order and wait. Of course, they have a wide selection of fabrics if you want a very custom look and are willing to wait.

Take the new 795 bypass from Goldsboro to Wilson, then follow 301 N. and watch for the signs. I'm going to guess the mileage at about 30 miles. There is a map at: Rocky Mount, Wilson, Tarboro, Nashville, Ronoake Rapids, Greenville, Raleigh, Lake Gaston, Littleton Mattresses and Bedding, Furniture, Memory Foam, Tempurpedic Bedroom, Bedroom, Bed, Tables, Sofa, Sectionals, Leather Furniture, and more! -- Hardee's , along with a listing of some of the brands they carry.

The phone number is 252-977-2325, if you have something in mind and would like to ask about their stock. I've worked with two very wonderful ladies there, one named Juanita and the other Beverly, as I recall.

No I don't work for them, or have other connections other than a very happy customer! I regret that the location is over a hundred miles from me, but the selection and experience are worth every mile. Good luck!

Last edited by Little_TT; 03-24-2008 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: edit URL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina